Chapter Twenty Three ✨

"Park Ji-Ae"

"Park Ji-Ae"

Rosie utters to her mom who keeps staring at the bundle of joy that unexpectedly joined the Park family. It has been a week and the blonde has been racking her brain in search of a name for the baby.

Of course her family helped. Her sister, Jisoo suggested names that sounded fresh like anime characters. Her big brother suggested something too western to her liking, her best friend mentioning a name she would definitely wouldn't consider even if her life depending on it and her parents suggested naming the baby after the names of either one of their parents.

But Rosie has decided on a name that actually means something to her, because she remembers she had the same conversation with Lisa when they were in Paris celebrating the Thai's birthday and her secretary made it clear that the baby is precious and she needs a name that will reflect that kind of thing on her. And they went on and on to choose a name when finally they settled on a cute name they both spotted on the long list of baby's names on Pinterest.

Ji - Ae has a wonderful meaning to it. It rings of love and wisdom and that's what Rosie and Lisa always hope for the baby. For her to always remember that she is loved no matter what. And she's lucky that her parents, damn; even her whole family seems to like the ring of the name too that just rolled down her tongue.

"That's a cute name" Mason Park says with the fattest grin ever on his face. He leans forward to steal a glance at his sleeping newborn granddaughter that is currently in the crib. "Hello, Ji - Ae. Welcome to the family" he adds and a small laughter follows as Clare looks at the baby, standing right next to her husband. "You'll be loved, little one"

"Always" Rosie finishes softly, hoping nobody hears that but Jisoo certainly does. But she says nothing. Of course.

"Anyway, did you ring your secretary yet, Rosie? The woman was waiting for you when you were labor"

Her sister asks after a moment and the CEO looks at her with confused eyes. "She did?"

"Hell yeah. You can ask your best friend which is my wife" Jisoo smirks as she makes a kissy face at her pretty wife. Jennie just shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "Idiot" she mutters under her breath.

"Well, maybe later" Rosie lies. "I need to check on how things going on at the office" she adds but Clare gives her a firm no. "No, sweetheart. You just have a baby. I think you need to rest fully for a couple of weeks"

"Come on, mom" Rosie sighs. "I can't stay here all the time. I need to go home"

"Well, this is home" Mason emphasises. "Right, Rosie?" he arches one of his eyebrows and Rosie has to reluctantly agrees with her dad although she doesn't want to. "Time to rest" her big brother suggests. "You still look pale like ghost, Rosie"

"Yeah sure, whatever"

🌝🌝🌝

A full month later when Rosie returns to her office again, her eyes scan briefly the way Lisa sits in her chair. Her eyes are pinned to the screen of her laptop and she seems to be in the world of her own until the said CEO walks in and clears her throat. "This is unacceptable, Lisa"

Is the first thing that Rosie mutters and Lisa looks up at her for a brief one second before setting her gaze again on the screen in front of her.

"So, you're giving me the silent treatment?" Rosie asks again, desperate for an answer she knows she wouldn't get. "Lisa, for real. You didn't even bother to drop by to see me or the baby"

"Your family was there" is Lisa's simple statement. Her fingers dance amazingly fast on the keyboard as she moves her lips to speak again. "I did not want to give out a wrong indication of where we both stand in this relationship"

"If you're still mad about what happened the other day, I am sorry, okay?"

The CEO states but Lisa still refuses to acknowledge it. "If you have finished, you may go. I will give Nayeon a heads up about your schedule for today and she will prep you on that, Ms. Park"

"Ms. Park?" Rosie echoes the nickname with disgust all over her face. "Lisa, please. Now you are trying to get rid of me? Of what we have? Lisa, this is ridiculous"

"And what exactly do we have, Roseanne?" Lisa snaps angrily as she stands up and gives the CEO a glare. "What the fuck that we exactly have?"

"You're my best friend" Rosie says, her stubborn tears start to fill the pool of her eyes as she bites hard on her lower lip to stop herself from crying. "My best friend, that's what you are to me, Lisa. And if you think that I can spend a minute not thinking about or imagine how life will be without you, then you are wrong. Because you're always there in whatever that I do, Lisa"

"Stop it, Rosie. Stop making me look like the bad person here"

" I'm not" the blonde's voice trembles as she looks at Lisa. "You're mad because I didn't tell my mom that she's our baby? Lisa, you know how I feel about relationships. The only reason why I agree to do this with you in the first place is because I know I don't have to worry about the after effect. You won't tell anyone because you are my best friend and we would both move on with this in our lives. But right now, what exactly that you want from me, Lisa?"

"I want nothing" Lisa sighs as she looks at her best friend who is now shedding tears. Suddenly, she feels like a walking asshole for making the blonde cries. Roseanne Park is her fucking best friend and now she hurts her with her own ego of wanting more than Rosie will ever want to give.

"I... I don't want you to think that you're not important to me" the blonde sobs. "You always important to me, Lisa. You know that too"

Lisa groans as she spreads her arms. "Come here, Rosie" she calls and it doesn't take long before the CEO finds comfort in those muscular and protective arms. "I like it here" she stifles a sob and Lisa nod. "Well, you're welcome here most of the time"

"I know"

"I'm still mad I haven't see the baby yet"

"Think you can change my schedule today? I put her inside the nursery room that you made and she loves it"

"She does?"

"Yeah. I think you'll be her favourite aunt"

Aunt, the word kind of stings but Lisa ignores it. It's for Rosie's sake anyway.

"Well, let's go see this cute little baby then"

"Ji - Ae" Rosie says with a shy grin. Lisa looks at her with a you can't be serious look.

"It's the truth. I named her that because you once told me you like the sound of the name"

"Well then" Lisa laces their fingers together. "Let's go home and see Ji - Ae"

🌝🌝🌝

how is it goin? and don't forget to vote 💝