CHAPTER 2 - JAPAN

WORDS BETWEEN -    - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

*Timeskip to when (F/N) and Kagami are in their last year before middle school and Himuro in his 1st year of middle school*

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Ever since then, the trio and Alex would train after school. The 3 kids would practice also in school too during their lunch breaks. 

They taught Alex some Japanese since they liked to speak Japanese rather than English and to their surprise, Alex actually took Japanese lessons in her college years and was a fast learner. 

The group would always eat burgers all the time but with a ridiculous amount at a time. What athletes.

It was just a normal morning for (F/N). She was actually eating dinner with her parents. 

"Oh (F/N), you got a letter from Japan." Her mom told her. "Huh? Is it from dad's side of the family?" (F/N) asked.

"Nope. It's from Tokyo. My family lives in Osaka." Her dad explained. "Hm. Can I see it?" She asked. "Of course. Here." Her mom handed (F/N) the letter.

Her mom handed her the letter. (F/N) opened the letter and read it. 

It was about how she got a sport and an academic scholarship to a middle school in Japan called Teiko Middle School, a prestigious middle school signed by Shirogane Kōzō and Sanada Naoto. (F/N)'s eyes widened.

"Well, what is it?" Her dad egged on. "I GOT A SCHOLARSHIP TO A MIDDLE SCHOOL IN TOKYO!" (F/N) shouted. It was her parents' turn to widen their eyes. 

"That's amazing!" Her mom smiled. "What school is it?" The man asked.

"Teiko Middle School." (F/N) told her parents. "Oh! I went there for my middle school years too." Her dad explained.

"Really? Cool!" The daughter's eyes shone. "Are you going to accept it?" Her mother asked. The female thought about it.

"I want to but I'll be leaving Taiga, Tatsu, Alex, and you guys." (F/N) told her parents.

"But it's a once in a lifetime experience." Her father tried to convince her. 

"I'm pretty sure Alex would say the same. She knows of your potential." Her mother patted her daughter's back. 

"I'll talk it up with them today since we have practice." (F/N) concluded. "Ok." Her parents nodded.

(F/N) quickly downed her breakfast and placed her plate in the dishwasher. She ran to get dressed and exited the house and ran to the court. 

"HI!" She shouted. Alex, Himuro, and Kagami turned around and waved at the girl. "Hi, (F/N)!" They greeted her.

Practice then started. It lasted until lunch time when Alex brought the youngsters to get burgers. 

After getting their food, they picked a seat and started to eat while talking.

"I've got news for you guys. I think it's bad news." (F/N) started. "Huh?" Everyone turned to the young female. 

"I got a scholarship to a middle school in Japan and I want to go but I don't want to leave everyone here." She explained.

Everyone's eyes went wide. "WOAH! Lucky!" Kagami shouted. "That's so cool." Himuro said.

Alex smiled and patted the girl's head. "That's pretty sweet, kid. You should go. It's a good opportunity to show off your skills. You've been practising NBA level with your dad and myself. You got this."