CHAPTER 20 - ZONE

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

I was very impressed by Seirin's performance. When Izuki-senpai passed the ball to Hyuga-senpai, he did his barrier jumper mixed with Tetsuya's overflow.

-I'm proud of you, Tetsuya.- I smiled. The ball went in the basket. -Even after that buzzer beater, they are still strong as ever.-

Daiki then scored the next point for Too. When Hyuga-senpai got the ball, he shot it but missed but with Kiyoshi-senpai's role as a center, the ball went in.

When Sakurai-kun had the ball and was about to shoot, Daiki called for the ball so he passed it to him.

He pulled a fake in front of Taiga but he saw it at the last minute and the referee called a foul, the basket counted, and Daiki got a free throw that he scored.

The gap was a 10 point difference and it wasn't closing up. That was when Kiyoshi-senpai, Taiga, and Tetsuya triple teamed Daiki.

The pressure was high for him. I could tell but Daiki broke out the screen and made a shot but missed because of Tetsuya's overflow.

Izuki-senpai then got the ball and scored. It was now a 6 point difference. -Smart move, Tetsuya.- During the next few moments, the pressure was so insane that I felt it from my seat.

They decided on a zone press movement. When Hyuga-senpai was about to shoot, Sakurai-kun came in for a foul.

Hyuga-senpai was given 3 free throws and he made all 3. During the free throws, I noticed Daiki was not in his position.

When it was Too's ball, Wakamatsu-senpai gave the ball to Daiki and he scored seconds later. -Don't tell me...- Daiki was in the zone. "Oh shit." I said.

I heard Kagetora-san and Nakatani-san speak. "You gotta be kidding me." They started. "I never saw such a monster back then. (F/N)-chan..." I sighed.

"Ya, I know. This stage is where an individual is at their maximum potential. Almost every GOM can go into this stage, myself included. Others can but it would be difficult." I explained.

Daiki kept scoring points after points. Seirin was trying to keep up.

Seirin took a timeout and once they got back into the game, Taiga was up against Daiki. Daiki got past him with ease and scored.

When Izuki-senpai got the ball, he was so focused on using Tetsuya's overflow that he didn't or almost no one noticed that it was wearing off.

Imayoshi-senpai jabbed the ball out of his possession and the ball was heading out of bounds when Tetsuya ran and hit it back to the court.

Instead, he hit the ground. "TETSUYA!" I yelled. I was worried that I stood up. Hyuga-senpai got the ball and passed it to Kiyoshi-senpai as he shot it in.

Tetsuya was ok since we were able to move. "Don't worry, (Y/N). He's gonna be fine." Tatsu held me. "I know, but..." I sighed and sat back down.

Daiki had the ball and kept scoring. Taiga's brain was moving 100 miles per hour from what I'm seeing. Though, there was something off.

Just as Daiki was about to pass him again... -HIM TOO!?- Taiga hit the ball. He was in the zone. Daiki still had the ball and was about to dunk when Taiga stopped him.

The ball went to Sakurai-kun and back to Daiki but Taiga won't let it happen and hit the ball out of bounds. -Geez. This is nuts.- "It's a stalemate." Taiga kept getting past Daiki and scoring.