CHAPTER 11 - WHAT IS THIS

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

It was now tournament season again and our last as middle scholars. Everything was still the same. Most of them skipping, then showing up to games, and winning.

It was now Nationals. As we walked through the crowd, everyone whispered. 

It always happens so we are used to it. We got prepared for the game to come.

It was my mistake for letting all of the GOM to play at once because... The score was just miserable. 198-8 was the score. A score that made me sick.

-How? How did this happen? Why?- Teiko went through the brackets with ease, too much ease.

It was now the semi finals and the team we were up against was the team with the twins. 

"It's the twins. Do you remember what I told you guys last year?" I asked them.

"Of course we do. We're not stupid." Daiki told me. "Let's crush them." The game was played well. Our team didn't have any struggles.

This time, I made sure to not let them all play at the same time. 

It seems that the other team was really aggravated that they hit Tetsuya really hard. "KUROKO!" Satsuki yelled. "TETSUYA!" I shouted.

I ran into the court and grabbed the boy on the floor. "I'm bringing him to the medical room. You all seem to be playing well." I told them.

I carried the boy in my arms and laid him on the medical bed. Satsuki stayed by his side since I recently found out that she likes him.

It reminded me of me and Taiga, which I missed a lot. I still call everyone back at home every weekend.

We had to stay outside the door so we waited. "Is Kuroko-kun inside?" A boy asked me.

"Ah, yes. But he's still knocked out." I nodded. "Thanks." The boy thanked me. "Are you a friend of Tetsuya's?" I asked with a slight smile.

A voice then was heard. "And who might you be? What business do you have with Tetsuya?" It was Seijuro.

The boy who I found out is named Ogiwara-kun, and Seijuro started to talk but it ended up with them giving each other the cold shoulder.

When Tetsuya woke up, the boy wanted to play the next round but we didn't let him on doctor's orders.

In the end, Tetsuya stayed in bed but made Akashi play harder in the match to come. 

Tetsuya went back to sleep and me and Satsuki stayed beside him while watching the match on TV.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

When Akashi returned to the team, he informed them about his conditions and demands.

When Kuroko woke up, he watched the match on TV too. Despite knowing that they were going to lose, the opposite team still played.

However, Kuroko and (F/N) noticed something was going on. Something strange. 

When the opposing team tried to score a 3 pointer, the ball hit the backboard and out.

Murasakibara jumped and scored into Teiko's basket, giving the opposing team a point. The time was up and the game was over. Kuroko and (F/N)'s eyes widened.

They both, along with Momoi, ran to the court. "No. What is this?" (F/N) whispered. "OGIWARA-KUN!" The boy looked at Kuroko with empty eyes.

Kuroko found himself letting out tears. He collapsed on his knees and cried.

He felt an arm wrap around him. "I know, Tetsuya. I know." It was (F/N). 

Her eyes also looked empty. "I don't know what victory is. What is victory?" Kuroko questioned.

Kuroko vented his frustration out to the team but they didn't even listen. The next day, both Kuroko and (F/N) quit the team.

"Head Coach Sanada. I had an amazing time coaching the team. It was a pleasure really." (F/N) let out a small smile. "(F/N)-san." The man stared at the younger girl's eyes.

"I know it's not time yet to retire but after the last game, I don't think I could stay anymore. I hope you understand." She continued. "Of course." The coach nodded. "Thank you for understanding."

Just as (F/N) was about to leave the room, Coach Sanada called out to her.

"Are you staying in Japan for high school?" He asked. "I don't think so." (F/N) replied. 

"I see. I guess this is the last time we will see each other." Coach Sanada said. "I guess so. I wish you all the best." (F/N) smiled. "Of course. Thank you, you too, (F/N)-san." The coach smiled.

The 1st string players thought that Kuroko and (F/N) were taking breaks since they didn't see them show up in school nor practices.

They were wondering if they were ok. Which, they weren't. People were scouting the GOM which was not a surprise.

After the official graduation ceremony, Akashi called the remaining GOM to talk about how they are now enemies and that they are fighting for the top.

(F/N) started to pack everything she had in her apartment up into luggages. Her scholarship had just ended so she is going back to America.

Once she finished packing, she called for a taxi to drive her to the airport. 

Once she was at her desired destination, she went through all the necessary things you need to go through at an airport.

As she waited for her flight, she went and bought souvenirs for the people at home.

When (F/N)'s plane was called, she started to walk to the gate and into the plane. 

She placed her carry-on into the overhead bin and sat down in her seat. She sent a text message to Kuroko and Momoi.

'I had an amazing time here in Japan and now it's time for me to go home. Remember, I got into Teiko with a scholarship. Good luck with your new chapter of your life. Remember, I'll still be your coach so don't be afraid to contact me. Take care.'

And off the plane went. Lifting off the lands of Tokyo, Japan, into the clear blue sky filled with white clouds, passed over the deep, mysterious ocean, and landed on the grounds of California, United States.

(F/N) would miss her former students. She would miss how they truly were from before. Would someone be able to change that? Maybe.

"I'm finally home. To my family and loved ones. I wonder how Alex, Tatsuya, and Taiga have been doing with basketball?" She wondered.

(F/N) knew she could beat the GOM. She could be each and every one of them since she was the one who taught and helped develop their skills.

And either way, while training herself, she found out 1 more skill she had added into the collection. The Zone.

Her eyes would glow and the air around her and the court would change and drop to freezing. 

She knew she could beat the GOM but she knows there are a few people that want to battle them.

BY THE WAY - SORRY FOR NOT POSTING LAST WEEK!