CHAPTER 33 - NEVER GIVE UP

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

After Seirin and Kaijo finished warming up for the next match, the 2nd half of the 1st game resumed. But what we all saw shocked everyone. 

Seijuro was guarding Shintaro but it seems like the shorter male knows all of Shintaro's playing cards and was able to intersect the ball, making everyone, including Tatsu surprised.

We all watched as Seijuro continued to widen the gap between the 2 teams with his Emperor Eyes. 

"As long as he has those eyes, he can never lose." Atsushi said. 

"But, (F/N), if you were to play against him, would you lose." I closed my eyes and thought about it. "I would still win."

Just then, I felt a different aura coming to the court. I opened my eyes to see that Shotoku has yet to give up. I smirked. 

-That's it. Don't give up.- There was only a few seconds left until the end of the quarter and Shintaro and Takao-san seemed like they had one more card up their sleeves.

I watched as Shintaro jumped into the air with his hands in his shooting form like he was shooting the ball but then Takao-san passed the ball right into Shintaro's hands and the ball went flying right into the basket without touching the rim. My eyes went wide.

"Holy..." I started. "It's true that if you're there, even if you can see the future, you can't stop him. But something like that is difficult to pull off." 

When the 4th quarter started, it seemed like Rakuzan was still in shock from the stunt Shintaro pulled off and started to miss, which is a break for Shutoku.

Shintaro and Takao-san kept pulling the same trick over and over again which was making me concerned. 

-It will only take a few more times before Seijuro can counter it.- Just as Shutoku kept scoring, Seijuro scored into his own team's basket. The air around the court suddenly went serious.

Rakuzan seems like they got their heads straight after what Seijuro did and his words and it seems like he also has a plan. 

Rakuzan double teamed on Takao-san which made me realize something. -Seems like Seijuro knows how to end their ace play.-

As Takao-san got out of the screen and Shintaro was in full motion, Seijuro popped in and stopped the ball in between the both of them. 

-Seems like Seijuro is trying to stop any ball coming Shintaro's way.- 

I watched as Rakuzan slowly hacked away at Shotoku's will power until the end of the quarter. 86-70, in the favor of Rakuzan.

For some reason, the win really pissed me off and I unconsciously clenched my fists together until my knuckles turned white and was emitting a scary aurora. 

"Uhm..." "Coach (F/N)-chin..." Tatsu and Atsushi started. "RAKUZAN HIGH WINS, 86-70! BOW!" "THANK YOU FOR THE GAME!"

I watched as Shintaro and Seijuro exchanged some words before Shotoku bowed to their supporters in gratitude. 

"A 16 point gap, that's not that bad. But strength wise, they weren't much against Rakuzan. What's wrong, Muro-chin, Coach (F/N)-chin?" Atsushi called.

"It's nothing. There is no end to their potential." I muttered.

I sighed as I got up from my seat. "I would have to agree. Well, I'll be back in a few minutes." I said.  "Alright, we'll save your seat." They told me. "Thanks." 

As I looked down at the court, I made eye contact with Serin. I gave them a wink which made them smile in excitement. 

Taiga looked at me confused and I mouthed that I was going to see a certain someone.

I walked to the hallway full of individual locker rooms for assigned teams when I saw Shintaro sitting at a bench beside a vending machine. 

"Shintaro..." He looked right at me and then to the side. "Coach (F/N)..." He called out.

I sighed and sat right beside him. "I know losing sucks but it's only motivation to get stronger." I said.

I placed a hand on the green haired male's back as he sobbed harder. "He's just so different from before." He started. I moved Shintaro's head onto my shoulder as I rubbed his back. 

"I know. And I'm sorry I didn't do anything before." I said. A few minutes later, he stopped crying. "You should get back to your team, Shintaro." I told him.

The boy nodded. "Ya, I'm sorry you had to see me like this." Shintaro said.

"It's fine. I've seen at least half of you guys cry to me." I told him. c"Don't say anything to anyone, Coach." I raised my hands in the air. 

"I won't." Shintaro got up from the bench. "Oh, before you go." My hands opened my bag and I started to look for the item I wanted to give him.

"This morning, I watched that horoscope thingy you always watch and for tomorrow's lucky item, it's an EOS lip balm so I had a few back at home in America and decided to give it to you as a gift from me." 

I opened my hand with the light baby blue lip balm and gave it to him.

"Don't tell the others that I gave you a gift, alright? Oh, just saying, it's new." He looked at the item in his hands before looking at me with a slight blush. 

"Thank you, Coach (F/N)." I smiled as I got up from the bench too. 

"It's no problem. This kinda reminds me of when I first gave you my other lip balm back in middle school." I smiled softly. "Ya..."

I started to walk the other way back to the arena.

"Well, I'll see you next time, Shintaro. Oh, and please tell your team that I really enjoyed watching the match." I smiled. "Of course. I'll be you later, Coach." 

I nodded and waved as I walked away. Once I got back to my seat, I looked at the court.

I smirked at what I was seeing. Both teams started off strong and it seems like Ryota was using his Perfect Copy from the start. The score as of right now was 2-3, Kaijo. 

-Seems like everyone is excited and over the edge right now. I wonder how this will keep up?- The rising stars, Seirin High School vs. the blue elites, Kaijo High School.