CHAPTER 14 - NIJIMURA SHUZO

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

It was now school time in America. (School is different in Japan since they start in April I think and we start in September so please bear with me here)

If I'm being honest, I missed it. I liked the fact that I get to wear whatever I want.

When I woke up, I started my normal morning routine, got changed into a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt (You can change what you are wearing), and then went downstairs for breakfast, as usual, mom and dad were at work.

Mom did leave breakfast and lunch ready for me. Once I finished breakfast and cleaned the dishes, I wore my basketball shoes (Or anything of our choice) and headed out the door.

In Japan, I should be a 1st year in high school but here in America, I'm in grade 10. 

Once I arrived at the school I transferred to, I just headed to my locker that has my things already. I was emailed my schedule and classroom.

As I walked around the school, people looked at me and started to whisper which I am very much used to ever since.

Once I found my classroom, I sat down and waited for the bell to ring. Once it did, the teacher came in and started her introduction.

She made me introduce myself since I was new. "I'm (F/N). Nice to meet you." I kept the introduction short. It was the same for my next period.

By lunch time, my name was known throughout the school and I was already popular even though it was my first day.

Everyone kept talking about me, whispering about me, looking and staring at me, talking to me, and inviting me to join them.

Me, being the introvert I am, only talked a little. What I didn't know was that someone I know was also in the school. Just a grade higher than mine.

POV - NIJIMURA SHUZO

I was just sitting in my class, waiting for the lunch bell to ring. Ever since I graduated from Teiko Middle School in Japan, I moved here to America to get better treatment for my dad.

I learned more English to talk to the people around me. I missed home and my kohais. -I wonder how they are doing?-

"Hey, Shuzo!" I looked at my classmate. I didn't really make any friends over the years I've been here.

I only talked to the people that talked to me. During breaks, I would just read, study, or play basketball by myself.

"Yeah?" I asked. "Did you hear about that new chick that transferred to the school? She's a grade below us. I heard she's a halfy; Japanese and American." The dude continued. It reminded me of Coach (F/N).

"No, I didn't." I shook my head. "Heard her name is like (F-F/N)? I think that's her name." My eyes widened. I couldn't believe it.

-SHE'S HERE!? HOW!?- I then remembered that she went to Teiko on a scholarship and that she would be a graduate by now.

-She did say she lived in America.- I got up from my seat with my lunch and ran to look for her. "Y-yo! Where are you going!?" He shouted. "Somewhere!" I yelled back.

I ran around the school and checked everywhere but I couldn't find her. -Did I get my hopes up?- 

As I was walking back to my classroom, I passed the basketball court.

I then saw a figure sitting on the bench. It was (F/N)-san. "(F/N)-san!" I yelled.

She looked back and saw me. I saw how her eyes widened. "Nijimura-senpai!" She smiled at me.