CHAPTER 16 - AMERICA

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

It was now a few more weeks until the Winter Cup. (Yes, there is a major timeskip because there is nothing eventful for our MC)

Kagami just got off the airplane and into the airport. He collected his belongings and met up with the people waiting for him there.

"TAIGA!" "Taiga!" "My son!" "WELCOME HOME!" Everyone shouted. The said boy couldn't help but cringe at all the attention.

Kagami then hugged his dad first then Alex and (F/N). "Welcome back, Taiga." (F/N) smiled. "It's good to be back. Though, it's only for a little bit." Kagami smiled.

They broke the hug. "Oh I know. The Winter Cup is just around the corner." Kagami smirked.

"So you know, huh?" He asked. "Of course. I'm always kept updated about the situation that's happening in Japan." (F/N) smirked. "Hehe. Nothing gets past you, huh?" He asked. "Nope!"

(F/N) smiled. Kagami had to leave with his dad to go home and Alex and (F/N) went together. 

"We'll see you at the court." Alex said. "Ya." Kagami nodded. "Just saying, training is going to be brutal." Kagami shivered.

Once Kagami arrived at the court, he saw Alex and (F/N) in their sports attire. "Hey!" They turned around and saw the redhead.

"Hi, Taiga. Are you ready for the training?" (F/N) asked. "Not really. I'm kinda scared since I don't know what is happening here." The redhead shivered.

"Oh, don't worry. We'll go easy for you for now. Since we only have a few weeks." Alex smiled.

"I-I guess." The boy was still nervous. Alex then made Kagami do some NBA level training.

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU GUYS DO THIS!?" Kagami yelled. "It's normal for us now." Alex shrugged her shoulders. 

"Hey, (F/N)!" A voice called out. Everyone including (F/N) looked over.

"Oh hey dude! What's up?" The female smiled. The male went up to the female and handed her a paper. 

"It's a new street basketball tournament downtown." The dude explained. "Oh sweet." (F/N) smiled. "Are you joining?" She nodded.

"Obviously." The girl smirked. "See you there then. I gotta go." The man waved. "Bye, dude." The girl waved back. "Bye, (F/N)!" The male left the court and went somewhere else.

Kagami went over to get his water. "What was that about?" He asked the girl. 

"There's a tournament downtown." (F/N) explained. "Are you going?" Kagami asked. "Yup." Kagami grumbled.

"What's up with you?" (F/N) looked at the boy beside her. "Now, now. Don't be jealous." (F/N) teased.

Kagami blushed. "I-I'm NOT!" The redhead yelled. "Hmmmm. Sure." Alex looked between the 2 youngsters.

"Anyways! Back to practice, Taiga." She called the boy back. They practiced until dinner time. 

Alex wasn't able to get dinner with Kagami and (F/N) since she had something to do.

"You guys go eat without me. I've got things to do." Alex told them. "Ok. See you tomorrow, Alex!" "Ya, bye!" The 2 bid her goodbye. 

Kagami and (F/N) decided to go eat burgers for dinner.

As they picked up their orders and sat down, they started to talk. "How is Japan basketball treating you, Taiga?" (F/N) asked. "You coach monsters, (F/N)!"