CHAPTER 48 - COMEBACK

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

Nash and Silver, even though I hated to admit it, were on a roll. 

But I'm not going to say it because of their little speech they announced in the middle of the match. I felt like popping a blood vessel.

The 2 of them were scoring buckets after buckets. The score was 46-36 but it grew larger to 61-42. 

"COACH! PLEASE MAKE A SUBSTITUTION!" The boys yelled. I sighed and called for a substitution.

"There is still something you boys can do right now. I've been waiting for the right moment. You all can't go into the zone as a team yet however, if we keep Nash and Silver in check, there is a way to win." The man started.

Kagetora-san looked at Seijiro. "You will be covering Nash and as far as Silver goes, you're off him, Murasakibara. I want you to lock down #6 and #7, with your range, you are able to do it." 

"Wait, Coach... That means..." The boys were cut off.

"Yeah, I'll be leaving it to you troublemakers. You guys are the only ones who can keep Silver in check." (F/N) nodded.

When it was time, I sent the boys in. I'm sure everyone was surprised but when it was time to play, Daiki went into Zone Forced Activation and Ryouta was now able to use Perfect Copy.

With the 2 troublemakers up against Silver, Ryouta was able to steal the ball and pass it to Atsushi who passed it to Seijiro. 

The redhead passed the ball to Ryouta again who copied the former's ankle break who then passed the ball to Daiki against who shot the ball into the net using his formless shot.

I smiled as I saw Satsuki smiling while letting a few tears slip down and Tetsuya cheering the boys on. I patted the pink haired female's back. 

"Always crying now, huh?" I noted. Nash used the undefendable pass and passed the ball to #7 and I watched Atsushi go against him.

He wasn't able to stop the ball which got me on the edge. 

When Ryota had the ball, he shot it from across the court and right into the basket. I smirked. 

Daiki was able to score again right after that. When I noticed Daiki not marking Silver, I realized it now.

"Wait, are they taking this..." Riko-chan started. "No. It's the opposite. They're doing this so the enemy doesn't realize." I said. "Eh?" 

"Kagetora-san miscalculated. The plan was to have Daiki and Ryota against Silver and Atsushi on #6 and #7. But those 2 exceeded the expectation, especially #7. Atsushi's range can't hold him. It looks like we're closing the gap but we're not." I explained.

I sighed as I watched the boys play. 

"That's a monster they're double teaming against. It takes a toll on those 2. At this rate, they might be tired in times they are needed. Ryouta noticed this and made a decision. In order to preserve Daiki's energy, he's sacrificing his energy to take Silver on by himself." I explained.

The players looked at me with wide eyes. "Kise is sacrificing himself in order to win?" I nodded solemnly. 

As I looked back into the court, I watched as the blonde haired male copied Atsushi to block Silver's dunk. 

"WOAH, IT WAS BLOCKED!" "KISE'S AMAZING!" "HE HANDLED SILVER ON HIS OWN!" The crowd cheered.

When Seijiro passed the ball to Ryouta, he was able to pass Silver and dunked over Silver. "WHAT!?" I was so shocked I had to stand up.