CHAPTER 19 - WOULD TOO WIN

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

In the end, Kagami had to pass the ball since he couldn't hold it for more than 5 seconds. A timeout was called and the ball was out of bounds.

Seems like Kagami brought out what (F/N) taught him, a high level tactical battle. After the timeout, Hyuga started to perform his barrier jumpers.

Though it seems like his mark, Sakurai doesn't like to lose. Hyuga and Sakurai started to attack back to back.

Even Kaijo noticed how they were playing. "Shooting from inside is like a war zone." One commented.

"It's not a great game plan to keep attacking from outside but for the teams, running away means losing. Both teams know it. They have kept it going for their pride." Another said.

Too was in the lead and it was only seconds until the quarter would end. Kuroko used Vanishing Drive and passed to Hyuga to score and make the scores tied.

During the timeout, (F/N) noticed that people started to understand how the drive works. "Oh boy." (F/N) sighed.

When the 2nd quarter started, Kuroko and Aomine went against each other.

Kuroko was about to pull the same trick when Aomine interfered and scored the ball. Kuroko wasn't thinking straight and used Ignite Pass Kai.

Aomine stuck his hand out again and stopped the pass. Aomine picked the ball up and started to head to the basket.

As he jumped up, Kagami jumped to block him. But then, Aomine made his back parallel to the ground and shot the ball into the basket.

Everyone was surprised. Too took the opportunity to steal the ball and score another basket. Seirin took another timeout.

"That formless shot, you can do that too, right (F/N)?" Himuro asked.

"Yup. Me and Daiki bonded because we learned to play street basketball before playing indoor basketball. There is no rule of not allowing formless shots into the game." She explained.

Riko benched Kuroko during the timeout. The boy couldn't help but cry in frustration. 

It hurts (F/N) to see him cry. Kagami came to the rescue and comforted the boy.

Once Kagami got the ball, he passed it to Kiyoshi and the said boy scored. When Aomine had the ball, Kagami relaxed his posture, just like Aomine's.

It created a change of pace in the game. Just as the red head was about to jab the ball out of the blue head, he passed the ball to his other hand and changed into a shooting form.

Just as he was about to release the ball, Kagami jumped and hit the ball away.

Kagami and Aomine started to play at their full potential, though Aomine was now in the zone. Yet. Kagetora and Nakatani were impressed.

"I don't know where he learned that but..." Nakatani started. 

"Ya, we had it rough with players like that before." Kagetora continued. "Did he go to America and ask you and Alex for help?" The dark haired male asked. (F/N) flinched.

"Ya, he did. When we came back to Japan, I went with him to watch the Winter Cup. Sorry if it feels like favoritism." (F/N) said.

"It doesn't. We trained like help before I left after Taiga so it's fair." The male smiled.

"Taiga can keep up with Daiki since during training, we brought him to gamlbling basketball." The girl explained. "Sounds cruel." (F/N) flinched.

"Kinda. During that time, he developed animal-like instincts." The girl explained. "I see." 

Just as the quarter was about to end for half time, Kagami had the ball and tried a formless shot.

(F/N) facepalmed. The ball ended up missing but it was close. "He was too far and added too much pressure." (F/N) sighed. "Yikes." Half time has started.

(F/N) stood up and scratched. "I'm gonna go get a drink and check up on something." She said. "Ok. Just be back." Himuro said. "Okay." (F/N) nodded.

She then went to the vending machine and got a drink. She then headed outside. She saw Aomine practicing.

"You know, extra practice during a game can tire you out. It's not good for your body." She told the boy.

"Coach (F/N). I'll be fine. After all, the only one who can beat me is me." Aomine to the girl. "I'm just saying. Good luck again." (F/N) said. "Ya." The dude shrugged her words off.

(F/N) continued to walk around. She bumped into Kagami and Kuroko.

"I want to see Aomine-kun play basketball with a smile." Kuroko said.

"If we win, I don't know about that. People aren't easy. Even if we win, who knows if he will change. But if we lose, nothing would change. The only way is to play hard and win, right?" Kagami asked. "Yes." Kuroko answered. She smiled.

"Of course, Taiga. I'm making sure you keep your promise to me." They looked at (F/N). "You guys better win, alright? No pressure, though." (F/N) smiled. "Ok." They nodded.

They started to go back inside, the boys back to the court and (F/N) back to her seat. "The second half is now starting. Let's see who will win shall we?" She asked.

Kuroko was back in the game. It was Too's ball after the tipoff. As Aomine was going to the basket faster than before, he fouled.

Kuroko then 'Ignite Pass Kai' to Hyuga and he made the 3 pointer. Everyone was surprised and hyped about the game's new change.

Momoi had no choice but to let her captain mark Kuroko. It started to throw Seirin into a loop. Too started to widen the point gap.

Hyuga was going to try and fix the point gap by using his barrier jumpers but Momoi found a way to hack at the shot . (F/N) shivered. "Satsuki is showing her true colors too." (F/N) noted.

Kagami and Aomine were back with another ace vs. ace but Aomime was just on a roll. 

Everyone noticed that Too could now see Kuroko physically and mentally.

"Seems like Seirin is in a pickle now." (F/N) was on the edge of her seat. 

It seems like Too declared that they won before the game even ended but... Seirin had more tricks up their sleeve.

Izuki disappeared and made a shot, making everyone surprised.

While everyone was surprised about what just happened, (F/N)'s focus was on Kuroko. She smirked.

Like always, she saw what just happened. Seirin was able to get points in from all the shock. 

Midorima then started to go on with his worries, if you can call it that. "Shintaro, you're worrying too much." (F/N) commented.

The said carrot looked at his former coach. "Tetsuya doesn't care about the future right now. He's thinking about the present, how to win against Too." He explained.

Seirin kept racking up the points and now there was only an 8 point difference. Before the end of the 3rd quarter, Imayoshi scored a buzzer beater.

"Oof! That was a good buzzer beater." (F/N) commented. "You can pull that off, right?" Himuro asked.

"Of course. Though, I like to play it safe." (F/N) shrugged. That was the end of the 3rd quarter.

BY THE WAY - SORRY FOR NOT POSTING LAST WEEK! I KINDA FORGOT. OOPS...