CHAPTER 6 - FIRST STRING

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

It was a normal practice day when I was called by one of the other players. "Coach (Y/N). You have a guest." I turned to the player when I saw Tetsuya. 

"Nice to see you here, Tetsuya. We've been waiting for you, you know? Have you found your answer?" I asked.

"You already know the answer, Coach." He stared into my eyes. "Well then." I was about to walk away when I was stopped.

"Uh... If I could make a request, if possible, could I show you in a match?" Tetsu asked. "I understand, I'll talk it up with the captain." I walked to Nijimura-senpai.

"What? Oh you mean the boy you told me about before? Seriously? Well, you're the coach so you can recommend someone though you have to talk it up with the head and main coaches. As promised, we'll at least take a look. And either way, you're the coach, you make the decisions. We follow after you." He told me. "Ok." I nodded.

We ended up going to the 3rd string's gym to watch Tetsuya. Me, Nijimura-senpai, Coach Sanada, and Seijuro. 

The 3rd string players were surprised to see us. "We are lucky that the 2nd and 3rd strings are practising together. I'll make sure no one knows about this." Coach told us. "Ok then." I nodded.

Coach Sanada outlined what would be happening right now. "And now, we will start the match between the 2nd and 3rd strings!" He shouted.

Tipoff started and the game began. We all watched Tetsuya carefully. 

He then erased his presence, making his defender confused and then passed the ball to his teammate. 

-Misdirection.- I could tell Coach Sanada and Nijimura-senpai were beyond belief. 

Everyone was in shock. I saw Nijimura-senpai's mind running 100 miles per hour so I decided to explain everything about misdirection.

"He trained well." I smiled. "I mean, you did train him, Coach (F/N)." Seijuro said. "I see. So you already know that this will happen." I smirked.

"Of course. I know how to use misdirection myself. But he went beyond my expectations." I explained. "You took all the words out of my mouth." The redhead said. "Well, it's only fair, Seijuro." I smiled.

The game ended in the 3rd strings favour which went as I predicted. 

"(F/N)-san, please follow me as I would have to report this to the head coach." Coach called for me. "Of course." I followed Coach Sanada and we explained everything.

"That's the whole report. Your opinion, Coach?" Coach Sanada concluded. 

"Hm. I see. I approve of this player's promotion." The head coach nodded. "Do you think it'll be alright? He's a good player but his talents are below average. He may not be of any use." I was pissed. 

"Then we have to test it out during a real match. If he's no use, that's all. It's like what Akashi said. I can't deny that this is the player we need. (F/N), you got a good eye and good skills as a player and coach." The head coach said.

"Thank you." Coach Sanada thanked the older man. "In the end, it all comes down to whether he can bring the team to victory. That's all." The older man looked out the window.

We then walked out of the room. I had a bad feeling about all of this victory. -It may lead to problems in the future.- 

I walked past the 3rd string gym to hear the club advisor calling out names for promotions. I smiled and went on my way. "Satsuki!" She turned to me.