CHAPTER 4 - COACHING

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

The past week for the 1st string was brutal for the players yet impressive for (F/N). She saw a lot of potential from each and every player. 

The coaches and herself decided to join both the normal training with some of (F/N)'s training with her dad and Alex at home so it made practice even more brutal. 

"How can you do this, Coach (F/N)!?" "I can't even feel my legs!" The boys yelled to her.

"Hehe. If you didn't notice, my dad is (L/N) (D/N) so I've been training along with another NBA player since the day I could walk." (F/N) explained.

Everyone's eyes bulged out of their sockets. "WHAT!?" They screamed.

"I'm used to it so this training for me would be easy." (F/N) shrugged. "HUH!?" The main coach just shook his head. 

Also over the week, (F/N) became close friends with the new 1st years that joined the 1st string. 

She was placed in the same class as Midorima and Akashi so they were close since school started. Aomine and (F/N) bonded from their experience of playing street ball.

Murasakibara bonded with (F/N) formed snacks when they happened to bump into each other at the convenience store. 

Momoi and (F/N) just clicked together since they were basically the only girls in the 1st string so it was a win-win. 

(F/N) and Nijimura already had a connection since their first interaction. When (F/N) would start to walk to the gates to go home, she would always hear dribbling from the 3rd string gym. 

Curiosity got the best of her since she's been hearing the sound for quite a while so she opened the door. "Hello?" I called out.

Her eyes scanned the gym and she saw cones lined up around the net. Her eyes then landed on a boy with light blue hair. "Coach (F/N). Greetings." The boy bowed. 

"Ah. There's no need to bow. I've seen you around a lot but haven't had a chance to talk to you." (F/N) smiled. "Oh. You could see me?" She nodded.

"Of course. But I do know that you have a low sense of presence." (F/N) explained. 

"I see. Oh, how rude of me. My name is Kuroko Tetsuya." The boy introduced himself. "Nice to meet you, Kuroko-kun." (F/N) smiled.

They started to talk a little more. "You know, despite being the 1st string's coach, I've never seen one boy stay after practice to train even more. I get it though since the training seems to drain their entire being." She smiled.

"Hm." The boy nodded. "It's inspirational really." (F/N) drifted off. Comfortable silence casted the 2. (F/N)'s mind wandered off into her thoughts from last week.

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

-Misdirection. He seems to not know of this yet.- "Say, Kuroko-kun, can you show me how you play again?" I asked. "Uh, sure." 

Kuroko-kun got up with the ball and started to show me how he played. I just need to see how he shoots to determine if misdirection would be his skill. 

And like he read my mind, he took a shot that missed. "Damnit." I heard the boy sigh out. 

I stood up and grabbed the ball and started to dribble then shoot.

"When shooting the ball, try aiming at the backboard." I explained.

I saw Kuroko-kun nod. I turned to face him. "You know what? I'm gonna train you myself." I concluded. I saw his eyes widen. 

"Really? Why?" He questioned. "I see some potential in you that your coach didn't see." I explained.

"I see. Thank you for taking your time to coach me." He bowed to me. 

I smiled. "It's my pleasure really." Kuroko-kun looked at me determined.

"I'm ready." He announced. "But..." I started. He looked at me confused. "You should go home and get some rest. Also eat a proper meal." I said. He looked at me dejected. 

"You can't practise in that condition." I told him. "Ok." We started to pack up. We walked to the gates together. 

"We'll meet at the same time like today, ok?" I asked. "Of course." The boy nodded. "Oh, before I go, let's exchange numbers in case something happens." I smiled.

He nodded and handed his phone to me. I placed my phone number in and then we parted ways.

POV - KUROKO TETSUYA

Once me and Coach (F/N) or I should call (F/N)-san out of school, I started to think back to everything that had happened. 

I joined the basketball team because of my promise to Ogiwara-kun, I was placed into the 3rd string, I trained with the team until I puked, I would cheer on the other strings, I would occasionally see the 1st string walk past the gym, I started to stay after school to train, (Y/N)-san came in and started to help out, and now she's also my coach. I smiled. -This is amazing.-

3rd POV - AUTHOR

It was the next day. Momoi went up to Aomine with a basket of towels. "There's been a saying going on that a ghost has been showing up in the 3rd string's gym." She said.

"What? Quit joking, Satsuki." The man told her. "I'm telling the truth, they said after practice ends, that's when you heard the dribbling of the balls." The pink hair girl continued.

"This is supid! Something like that can't be true!" Aomine started to walk past the pink-haired female.

"Wait! Dai-chan... Aomine-kun!" Momoi shouted. (F/N), who was nearby, heard the conversation and smirked. She learned misdirection very quickly and was able to erase her presence. 

Momoi then started her manager duties when 2 girls called for her. 

"Hey, Satsuki-chan! You're childhood friends with Aomine-kun, right? I'm so jealous. Do you know if he has a girlfriend?" One of the girls asked.

Momoi looked at the girl confused. "Eh?" She questioned. "Yeah, he played a lot during games too... He's so cool, isn't he?" The other girl said. "Um... Sure... If you say so?"

One of the girl's towels was about to fall when a figure stopped it from falling. 

"Ah, my bad. Please be careful. Also, thank you for supporting the team. Let's go, Midorima." It was Akashi. 

The girls started to fangirl about Akashi, or just the entire team making Momoi sweatdrop. "Satsuki, Seijuro, Shintaro." A voice called out.

The names that were called looked up and saw their student coach. 

The 2 girls stared at (F/N) in disbelief. "Come on. We have to talk about the National Championship." She said.

Akashi smiled at the coach. "You've read my mind, Coach (F/N)." The female returned the smile. "Is that so?" She asked.

The red and green-haired males walked past their coach into the gym while she walked and took the basket out of Momoi's hands. 

"Come on, Satsuki. We're gonna be late." The coach said. "Ok!" Momoi smiled at the coach. 

(F/N) nodded at the 2 girls then started to walk. "Their coach is so pretty." "I think I'm bi for her." The girls concluded.