CHAPTER 3 - TEIKO MIDDLE SCHOOL

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

It was now the first day of school for me here at Teiko Middle School. I got a nice small apartment according to the scholarship so here I am. 

My uniform arrived so I placed it on before heading to school after finishing my breakfast and making myself lunch. 

Since my mom is a chef, she taught me how to cook. -I guess now I can put the skills to use.- 

As I started walking in the direction of the school, more kids with blue and white uniforms started to pop up.

I then stopped at the gates. -Teiko Middle School.- Since today is the first day, school would not start until tomorrow. 

Though, the school was busy with senpais looking for new recruits. 

I took a deep breath in and stepped onto the property. As I walked by, people stared at me which I was used to. 

My looks have already attracted attention back home so here in Japan, it was bound to happen since I have some foreign looks from my mom.

 Senpais started to ask me to join their club which I kindly declined.

As I looked around, a few people stuck out to me like a sore thumb. It was boys and a girl with colourful hair. 

I shrugged it off and continued to walk. That was when I saw a boy with light blue hair. It seems like other people couldn't see him which was weird in my opinion. 

I was looking around for the basketball club or more specifically, Coach Shirogane Kōzō and Sanada Naoto since they were the ones who scouted me.

What confused me the most was that they were the coach of the boys team and not the girls and either way, I didn't really hear a lot of good things about the girls team. 

Though the boys team was highly talked about. I sighed. I couldn't find the basketball gym so I had no choice but to ask someone. 

I saw a male with black hair that looked like a senpai. I walked up to him. "Uh. Excuse me?" He looked at me.

"Ah, yes?" He asked. "Hi, I'm (L/N) (F/N). I'm a 1st year student and I was wondering where the boys basketball gym is at?" I bowed. 

"Oh. I'm actually heading there. My name is Nijimura Shuzo. Nice to meet you, (L/N)-chan." He introduced himself. I smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Nijimura-senpai. Though, you can call me (F/N). I just moved from America so I'm not all big with honorifics." I explained.

"Oh? Really? Ok, (F/N)-san." Nijimura-senpai said. I smiled. "Follow me, I'll lead us to the gym." I followed him.

"Say, you said you're from America, right? You speak fluent Japanese." He started.

"Oh, I'm half Japanese and half (your nationality). My dad is Japanese." I said with a smile. "I see. Is your dad perhaps (L/N) (D/N)?" He asked. "Yup!" I nodded.

Nijimura-senpai looked at me shocked. "WOAH! That's so cool. I'm a big fan of your dad's." I giggled. 

"That's nice to know, senpai." I smiled. "Say, can I ask you one more question?" He asked again. "Go ahead." I nodded.

"Why are you going to the boys gym anyways?" Senpai asked. "I actually got a scholarship signed by the coaches." I explained. "I see. Well, here we are."

I looked up at the building. "Let's head in, shall we?" I nodded. 

We took off our shoes and changed into our indoor shoes that the school provided for each student.