CHAPTER 42 - KUROKO'S BIRTHDAY

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

I was out shopping when my phone started to ring. I took it out and saw it was from Satsuki.

"Moshi moshi?" "Coach (F/N)! Are you perhaps free on the 31st?" Satsuki asked me.

"I am. Is this about Tetsuya's birthday?" I asked.

"Hm! I was planning a reunion with all the GOMs!" I smiled. "That's nice. Text me the details then." I responded.

After the call ended, I went to buy Tetsuya his birthday present. "What would he like?" I asked myseld. In the end, I bought him new basketball shoes.

When I got home, I was greeted by Taiga. "I'm back." I announced. "Welcome back. Oh, what is that?" Taiga asked.

I took off my shoes and coat and showed Taiga Tetsuya's gift.

"Do you think he would like it?"I asked. "Of course. He'll be thankful that you got them anything, either way." He told me. I started to wrap the present in the living room.

"I heard that there will be a reunion for Kuroko's birthday." I nodded. 

"Satsuki called me while I was shopping." I explained. "You think you can bring Kuroko to the apartment?" I looked up at Taiga. 

"Everyone on the team was planning his party. They decided to throw the party here." I smiled.

"That's a good idea! Do you need help with anything for the party? Food? Decorations?" I asked.

"The senpai's got it and I'll deal with the food. Just have a nice time with the reunion, alright?" I hugged Taiga. "You got it."

Tetsuya's birthday came real quick. "I'll be going now." I told him.

Taiga passed me Tetsuya's gift after I wore my shoes and coat. "Have fun!" I smiled and kissed his check.

I showed up a little late as I went to a nearby cafe and got all of us drinks and treats. "I wonder if Coach (F/N) is going to show up." I heard Ryouta asked.

I smiled. "Over here!" Everyone looked back at me and smiled. "Coach (F/N)!" They greeted me.

I placed the drinks and treats on the bench and gave Tetsuya his gift.

"Happy birthday, Tetsuya." He smiled a little. "Thank you, Coach (F/N)." He opened it and saw the shoes. 

"Woah. You didn't have to get me something this expensive." He replied.

I patted his shoulder. "Don't worry about it." I smiled. I turned to everyone. 

"Ready to play some b-ball?" I asked with a smirk. We started with teams of 3 with me and Satsuki as refs.

The teams were Atsushi, Ryouta, and Shintaro vs. Daiki, Tetsuya, and Seijuro. 

When watching them play, I felt tears prick my eyes and I saw Satsuki in the same state.

Seijuro stood in front of us. "You're in too, Coach, Momoi." He said.

"Eh? We're playing?" With smiles and laughter, we were able to play until the sun started to set.

Before we left, Satsuki wanted to take a photo. I stood right behind Tetsuya, right between Daiki and Shintaro.

When I thought I was only bringing Tetsuya back to the apartment, I didn't expect the rest to come with us. -Oh well. The more the merrier!-

I opened the door and entered with the rest following after. "I'm home! I also brought some company!" I yelled. We all piled in the living room.

"Woah!" I looked at the decorations around the house. My eyes landed on Takao-san and Tatsu. "I didn't know you were coming, Takao-san, Tatsu!" I yelled.