So Pale, So Weak

Jason's PoV:

-

They arrested Piper and thankfully Percy wasnt dead yet when I found him. I carried him to the nearest hospital on my back. Good thing I could fly.

I am now next to him. Holding his hand.

He is in the infirmary.

I hate mortal doctors but they were able to keep him alive with some more needles and machines.

I watched him.

He was so pale. His eyes had dark marks around them. He was so skinny now.

Its been days, weeks... Months...

I make sure I can come by ever day.

I tell him everything.

From the tiniest things like eating a blue cookie for him to how Leo got a job in architect to how I havent cut my hair for a while.

My hair is all shaggy now, but I dont care. Not like I am trying to impress anyone.

Sometimes I would climb on the hospital bed and lay next to him. Just to feel his body breathing softly next to me.

Chiron said he would come to heal him, but its been months. Why does that centaur have to be so damn old?

I would lay next to him. Hearing him breathing weakly. Until the nurse would come in and yell at me to get off the bed.

Maybe if I wasnt such an idiot, he wouldnt have left the apartment. Piper wouldn't have poisoned him. Maybe we all could have been happy.

Heck, we could have been married.

Today, I slowly slipped a ring on his finger. It had a blue jewel on it. And inside it was engraved 'I will never leave you'

I cried.

Because the ring he gave me...

I never took it off. Whenever I do something, its guaranteed to be on my finger.

Because it has the engravings

'Together Forever Right?'

Sometimes I want to just scream at him.

'WAKE UP YOU IDIOT! YOU SAY TOGETHER FOREVER BUT WHATS THE POINT WHEN YOU ARE ONLY HALF WITH ME!'

Tears would always be shed in that room.

Others visited too. Annabeth, Nico, Leo, Calypso, Hazel, Frank and even some gods.

We were all worried for Percy.

I cried today more than normal "P-percy... We all love you. We all need you. I need you..."

I felt his pinky twitch and his hand slowly slid onto my weeping head.

I quickly looked up and saw a weak smile and a sad expression.

Oh gods... He was so pale, so weak.
He was so skinny and fragile.

Percy slowly mouthed 'I love you too'

I smiled and slowly leaned over and kissed his lips softly and whispered "Dont scare me like that again..."

Percy smiled and whispered in such a soft voice 'Yes'

I raised an eyebrow and Percy nodded over to the ring that was on his finger.

I smiled...

Percy and I were going to get married...