Chapter 2

"Um thanks..." I awkwardly said and turn to leave as I was still figuring how the hell my brain refuses to function just by staring at those eyes alone, damn Faith they are just brown like yours, nothing special.
"He's just a bad news Faith, walk away and don't look back, he's specialized in brain damage." I chant.
"I'm Nathan Rocks by the way." He introduced himself making me turn to face him.
"I told you not to look." My inner voice snaps. He is like Korean actors shamelessly walking knowing very well that they are hot and it's mandatory for you to stare. Damn, he has this in his eyes that piss me off and I know why.
He's just like my ex Duncan and my sister's ex almost husband Manuel.

"I'm not interested." I blurted out and realized I was being rude and he smirks triggering my anger and I hate the way I hold my breath and my stupid heart hammering when he walks towards me. I can give billion reasons why I should throw my manners away and for one he's infuriating.
"Remember, I just save your ass like right now." He retorts, his hands in his pocket and he was wearing a green shirt and a black jeans just casual and it wouldn't hurt introducing him to the family.
" I said thanks and I think it's okay right!" I snap and stare with regrets but he wasn't fazed at my outburst. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have..." I apologize and turn to leave again. "You're being rude." He calmly said but it was stern and I couldn't help glaring at him.
"Excuse me?"

"How about dinner tonight?" It was not a suggestion but more like a demand and I look at him with disbelief.
"How about NO!" I mimic his tone as I stare into those enchanting eyes with a fake smile.
"Playing hard to get right?" He smirks and I roll my eyes at him.
"Ah... you'll be surprised it is the other side of the coin... not interested." I scoff and he shrugs totally amused which only adds fuel to the fire burning within me.
"But I did save your ass." He said his eyes daring me to retort and I narrow my eyes at him.
"Isn't this conversation getting boring and just a waste of precious time? I said thanks for saving me from a fall we all agree that I wouldn't end up in ER. Even super heroes don't stick long to receive a thank you." I smirk and he was silent.
"What do you really want? For me to make a day and remember you as my hero or my heart for a sacrifice?" I sarcastically spat and his eyes switch to something I couldn't read when I mentioned my heart.
"He can be a serial killer." My inner voice sings.

"Yes and that's exactly what I am here for." His cold tone sends shivers down my spine and I frown to mask my fear.
"Psycho." I thought.
"You're impossible and I hope we never meet again." I said as I walk away.
I quickly glance and he was still staring.
I came home and slumped in my couch as I change the TV to different channel and I realized Val's Day is coming, another awful day for helpless singles. "Are you still single?" The presenter asked as if having my personal life on their screen and I roll my eyes.
I can be independent single if I can work and pay the rent. His last statement still freezes my bone and I hope he's not a handsome psycho and most importantly I hope I never see him again.

Two weeks later...

I was faced with harsh reality of being single but it's not like it doesn't have the greatest advantage...SPACE. I came from work and strip the pencil skirt and the short-sleeved white blouse to a comfortable grey shirt.
It's a shame my best friend, Violet couldn't spend the day with me. I was preparing  Jollof rice with salad and fried beef and my champagne and ice cream were in the fridge.
I was having this happy feeling as I went to shower because I know I have a backup food to keep me through the night. I hold my breath as the water made contact with my skin and I wanted to find inspiration here but the unwanted thoughts keep creeping inside my head to haunt me.

I put on my pajamas and my socks and went downstairs with my note book. I smile at my ice cream and the plantains chips. I need inspirational words for my client. It's about an old lady after she lost her husband, her only son was diagnosed with cancer and she wants me to write about faith.
My phone buzzes and I read the message from an unknown number.
Get ready I'm taking you out.
Realization hits me and I wonder how he got my number but I ignored.
"The nerve of that jerk, like I will be sitting down in my couch waiting for someone to order me around." I mutter pissed at the way a total stranger thinks he can order me around.

My phone rings and it was the same number. I glare at my phone's screen for God knows what before answering.
"Wrong number." I said and ended the call before he could say a word and I blocked the number.
My phone rang again and this time it was Cheryl. "Happy Val's Day!" She squeaks and I pull the phone from my ear. "Yeah, same here." I used a bored tone and she giggles.
"What are you doing?" She asked and I deviously grin. "Isn't it obvious, I'm in my pajamas ready for bed?" I proudly said and she laughs.
"Chronic singleness right?" She teases and I chuckle and she was silent and I know she's going to say something like a very wise person.
"Faith, move on and trust me when you move out of your shell, you'll realize the outside world d isn't bad as you imagined. There are many beautiful hearts out there."
"You know it isn't true that you were behind Manuel's stupid act, it's just bad bitches badmouthing." She said and I roll my eyes. "Wow, you've grown, you even mention his name like nothing happened. Who are you and what have you done with my sister? I want her back." I tease making her laugh.
"I still wanna kill Duncan for breaking up with me first." I said and she was silent.
"Although it used to hurt but now it doesn't. You will know when you find that..."
"Hold on." I told her when the doorbell rang and her excitement made me roll my eyes.
"I bet it's your date." She sings making me scoff. "Oh, Cheryl just shut up and leave me alone." I laugh and she huffs.
My mind went blank and my brain refuses to work when I saw him at my door.
"Happy Val's Day bae." He said and Cheryl's squeaks brought me back to reality and I did what my brain provided after being stunned for a while.

I slammed the door at his face. "You can't show up at my door uninvited."

And who the hell gave you that right to call me bae.