Chapter 14

I quickly hug her burying my face in her hair when they all turned to look at me. I hug her for long and they knew something was wrong.
I was praying that the tears won't fall because I can't even tell them they're happy tears. I pull away and shyly chuckle as I glance at them and their eyes looking at me made me nauseous.
"Congrats Tyler. She's a hard one to capture." I tease hoping they will smile and forget about me for a while and Tyler forced a smile. I am such a pathetic, my brother in law even knows that I am a loser and I am ruining the fun for them.
"I was not!" Cher retorts making Tyler gawks and we laugh and I was thankful for the distraction. I have heard the story thousand times but at this situation I didn't want them to stop talking.

I excused myself to the kitchen and I brought the cookies we made this morning and champagne for us to toast.
My emotions were raw and getting out of control and the tears were choking me. Their eyes never leave me and it was getting awkward. They were holding back their happiness and I hate to be the reason.
I don't know how to make them understand that I am happy for her and I want her to have the opposite of mine, complete happiness and it always seems I am meant to be a hindrance when it comes to Cher's happiness.
"So when is the wedding?" I asked and the couples share a glance.
"It's in three months time and I really want to ask you if it's alright to help me out." Cheryl awkwardly said and mum stares at me with concern.

"Of course sis, you shouldn't have asked in the first place." I smile and she heaves a sigh.
I woke up early and made breakfast and I was looking through the book Cher gave to me containing her wedding plans.
"Honey couldn't you sleep?" Dad asked before yawning and I smile when he kisses my forehead. "I did but the wedding is in three months, we don't have time." I said flipping through the pages and he sighs.
"Honey..." He softly said and I sigh. "Why are you up this early?" Cher asked and I turn to look at her. She tightly wrapped her night robe around her like she can't wait to go back to sleep and her bed nest hair made me chuckle and Shirley was making her way down.
I turn back to look through the book and then stop and turn, they had that look I didn't want to see especially not this early.

"Please get rid of the pity in your eyes, it's killing me." I groan and they just stared at each other. "It is her present and future and let's try to enjoy it. Mine is in the past now and we all had our share of pain and hers was even worse than me. Only you guys know about my failure but the whole town saw her." I said and they were quiet.
"I want to do this because she's my sister and I will be happy if you forget about the pain. Even twins have different destiny." I said and mum came to kiss my cheek.
"I couldn't ask for a better daughter." She said making me smile and dad smiles at me. "Thanks sis for the coffee." Cher said and I nod. The day ended and after dinner I went to sleep and I open my eyes to look at the time and it was 5:20am.
I went to pee and I glanced at Cheryl and she was asleep and I hug myself tight staring at the grey sky from the balcony. I was startled when a hand touches my shoulder and I heave a sigh when I turn around and it was Cheryl.

"Are you okay?" She yawns and I nod. "So what's next after the divorce?" She asked and I felt the pain but I shrug.
"I'll be back to the person I used to be, focus on my work I guess." I mutter and she looks down. "But Faith, don't give him the chance to destroy your life." She desperately said and I bitterly scoff.
"It is too late now. Why? Do you honestly think I will ever get married after this? I wished he didn't show up!" I snap and she flinched.
"I'm sorry Cher." I mumble holding her hand. "I am not strong as you to even think I will ever allow myself to fall again. God knows I am done and there's nothing He can do to change my mind. I tried to make it easy that even soul mates ain't perfect but it only gets better if you forgive each other and move on because this is reality. I forgave because I loved him and just look at me now, I am like a sore subject in the mist of happiness." I looked at her and her eyes were glassy with tears.

"I look back and I think the lesson was never to forgive him for all that he did but tell me isn't love all about forgiveness? He looked into my eyes and told me he hates me after he left me alone in that house. I still don't know what I did and I hate myself now. All because I forgave him as the world taught me to." I grit my teeth and I allow the tears to fall as I was tired of holding it back.
"I don't know when and how to forgive anymore and I know too much to ever allow myself to fall again." I said wiping the tears on her cheeks and she hugs me. "All I wanted was to be a good example for you and Shirley as a big sister but all I am is a total loser. I am convinced I am destined to be alone and until I accept that I will be hurting myself until I had nothing more to hurt." I said rubbing her back and wipe my tears too.
"But I can be the rich auntie for you and Shirley's kids." I tease and she pulls away to look at me with sadness in her eyes.

These months have taught me that I can be happy and this world is worth living in it. I now realized these months made me happy even happier than on my wedding day.
I know what they're all trying to do, set me up with any eligible bachelor and I know my mind is made up but it is funny watching them.
They did a lot of cancellations on my boyfriend lists and I chose one, Nick Coleman Tyler's best friend since childhood and he just got out of his four year relationship and he is currently not looking a relationship.
He is kind and helpful saving me from those guests asking me about my relationship and he told them we're dating.
He has been a good friend and planning a wedding has been fun. We've been dancing, singing to our favorite songs together and even taking a ride to no place in particular just to see the sunset and we've been posting it on Instagram.

Violet has been spending time with Liam and I don't know if it is for the business proposal Liam was offering us or something personal and I decided to let her handle it.
Nick said he even has a business proposal for me but we will talk after the wedding.
The wedding was a blast and what can you possibly expect from a well know wedding planner and a family with chains of hotels. I was sad watching them go on their honeymoon and Nick leaving and hot juice that happened at the wedding was I saw Violet and Liam dancing.
It has been three days and I decided to go to his house and give him the papers to sign. "Do you have to go? I'm afraid something will happen to you dear. Stay honey." Mum pleads and I sat on the bed and sadly smile at her.
"I will be alright mum but as much as I hate the idea I need to give him the divorce papers to sign. It has been six months." I explain and she heaves a sigh.

"I'm very proud of you baby." She said and I hug her tight. "He's going to regret it very soon and no matter what darling, don't take him back!" Mum warns and I chuckle.
"You sound like a terrorist." I tease and her face turned serious.
"Only when someone hurts my babies. I will keep a low profile until you become free." She said and I smile.
"I love you mum." I mumble and the door was knocked and dad came in.
"And what about the old man who hit him right in the face?" Dad asked with a proud grin and I gasp. "Jason, tell me you didn't... and without me." Mum dramatically gasps and whines and I laugh watching them.
"Melissa, I promise there will be a next time after the divorce." Dad coaxes and I look down.

I had a long talk with them and I was on my way to the hell hole but I knew all of these will be over soon. I saw his car parked and Aaron his security man helped me with my luggage.
I raised an eyebrow when I saw the candle lights and I blew them off and didn't bother switching on the light.

"Faith I was waiting for you." Nathan spoke softly switching on the light and my heart skips a beat.