Chapter 11

"People are worth giving a second chance Faith and just look at you now." Violet joins me holding a glass of champagne and I smile looking back to see Nathan with my family talking and laughing around the bonfire we made outside.
"I am going to miss us you know." She sadly said and I sip my champagne.
"I am not leaving Vi, I am coming back to work and we'll spend time together. I promise." I said and she huffs.
I look at the diamond ring on my finger and then turn to Nathan who was talking to Shirley and our eyes met making me smile.
"Attention on me Faith." Violet teases and I turn to her. "I probably should find a boyfriend." She chuckles and I wiggle my eyebrows making her scowl.
"Not that Liam again." She groans making me laugh. "I was talking about Caleb." I lied and she just rolls her eyes.

"Let's talk about you, so you're getting married this Saturday." She said and I sigh.
"I guess so." I nervously said and she holds my hand. "He's lucky to have you. I am not saying this as your friend but as a person." She said and my eyes were filled with tears making me sniff.
"C'mon you two, join the fun." Cher said and Violet and I shared a smile before joining them. Nathan reaches his hand for mine and I smile when he kisses my temple.
"It's a shame though I had so many plans for my big sister's wedding." Cher whines and Nathan holds my hand tight.
"Please not another episode of your dramatic fits." Shirley said making us laugh and Cher narrows her eyes at her.
"You don't have to throw it away Cheryl, I'm doing this because I can't stay away from your sister and I don't want to do it with pain." Nathan explains looking at me and I smile.

"I want a boyfriend." Shirley sings and we laugh when dad snaps his head towards her direction. "I have heard of this story before. Honey isn't it the same as Mr. Rocks?" Dad asked and I turn to look at Nathan as I remembered his outburst when I asked about it that night he wholeheartedly told me the story of his family and his jaw clenched.
"No dad, he's different." I said in haste and dad nods.
"Oh that man was an angel. It's a shame something like that happened to him. Well the world is full of wonders he told Faith that he would like his son to marry her." Cheryl chuckles and Nathan was looking at me.
"So did you get the chance to meet his son?" Caleb asked and Nathan squeezes my hand and I shook my head.
"Nah, although he talked about his son all the time but never did he mention his name or gave any clue that he wants the two of us to meet." I said and Caleb frowns.

"Well I am surprised myself but he knows how to keep a secret. I guess he never wanted it to be like a way of me repaying for his kindness and he was a big fan of fate." I chuckle at the memory and the rest were quiet.
"He said if we're meant to be we'll find a way although he prays we end up together." I said looking at Nathan and he forced a smile.
"Well, Nathan got lucky and if you tell me this is fate. Faith still got a Rock in her life." Violet said and I smile.
Nathan asked me to choose some places for our honeymoon as we were in his apartment and he brought me an ice cream.
"Thank you but it's hard to choose." I whine and he chuckles.
"Then we'll go to all the places." He said closing the laptop and I raised an eyebrow.

He told me not to worry about the girl who killed his dad as he was this close sending her to prison and the reason for us not doing the church wedding is because he is afraid I might end up like his father and he assured me that we'll be doing the church wedding after she has been send to prison. It has been a lot of fun with my family as this is not the big day to be stressed about guest lists, cake testing, catering and dresses.
But I know they have started with the guest lists waiting for the big day when it is all said and done.
I had this intimate bachelorette party with Violet and my sisters and it was all about having ice cream, dancing, having karaoke and sharing secrets. I smile at them as they were fast asleep and I went downstairs to drink water.
I sat on the kitchen stool and my phone buzzes. "I love you Mrs. Rocks." I read and smile.
"And I love you Mr. Rocks." I smile after sending it and yawn.

I smile at my reflection after the makeup artist was done. I stood up and they gasp. "Wow Faith, you're beautiful." They said and laugh in unison.
"Oh my baby." Mum gasps when she opens the door and I hug her tight.
It was a white lace strapless dress and I twirl around. Cheryl, Violet and Shirley wore the same lace strapless but theirs were light blue and a knee-length.
Mum was wearing a short sleeved light blue dress and her hair was styled to the left side and she looks absolutely gorgeous.
I sat on the bed and Cher sat beside me and we both heave a sigh.
"I know what you're thinking but Faith it is not your fault. You want me to be happy right?" She asked and I turn to look into her eyes.
"More than anything." I said and she nods. "Then let me tell you I am happier and have you seen Tyler?" She asked and I chuckle.
"I look at him and I thank God for making me go through hell just to find him." She said and I hug her. " I love you Cher." I said and she chuckles. "And I love you Faith."

The plan was after we signed the papers we're going to celebrate. We arrived and as always dad went was there to make sure everything is going as planned. I saw dad approaching and he had the same expression he'd when there was no bridegroom and Cheryl froze.
I brutally open the door before they could stop me and I look at dad with tears threatening to fall. "Nathan is not here." Dad grits his teeth with pure anger and the tears fell.
"Yet dad." I completed his statement and I watch him hug mum.
"We're are early d-dad and it's not time yet and even if it's time I am going to give him some time to make it but if the grace period passes then I will leave. I promise." I explain to them and I can now understand what Cher went through.

I sat in the car closing my eyes and Cher and Violet hold my hands. Time was ticking and I was hopeful again when I saw Caleb but it completely shattered when he said he has been looking for him and he left without a word and his phone is off.
I stare at my phone watching the time and I knew I have to break the news they already know. I got out of the car and I deeply breathe when they look at me and I forced a smile.
"I'm sorry to..."
"No wait Faith!" Nathan screams from a distance and I saw the family heave a sigh and the tears fell. I lean on the car feeling dizzy.
I look at him with glassy eyes and he was panting. "Where have you been?" I asked and he cups my cheek.
"You honestly thought I wouldn't show up?" He asked and I looked down.
"I was about to give a speech." I sniff and he chuckles.
" I had to get something for you. It's a bracelet my dad bought for me to give it to my wife." He said and I look at his hand.

He puts the bracelet around my wrist. "I wish they could be here but this bracelet means welcome to the family baby." He said and I smile.
We signed the papers and went to celebrate. It was hard saying goodbye to them and Nathan was awfully quiet during the ride.
I fell asleep and he gently shook me. "We're here." He said.
He got out of the car to talk to the guy who was carrying my things inside and I didn't have a clue where we are.
The man left and I twirl around to get a view of the inside and it is beautiful and modernized.

"Nathan..." I stop when he turned to leave and I frown.
"Where are you going?" I asked and his cold eyes met mine making me shiver.
"The housekeeper will show you to your room and don't wait for me." He harshly said and slammed the door hard startling me.