Chapter 18

"What is she doing here, was she the one who reported Faith?" I grit my teeth and glance at Officer White to tell me again but it should be different from what I just heard.
"She's the murderer Mr. Rocks." Officer White simply said and I shook my head as I realized what I have done.
I glare at her and she wouldn't stop crying and I turn to Officer White for explanation.
"We found out she hired a man to shoot your father and then hired another to kill your dad's killer too." Officer White explains and I stare daggers at her. "How in the world could you do that to your husband and me?" I snap and she shivered in fear. "Please forgive me." She sobs staring at me with red eyes and I shook my head.

"And you accused Faith damn I can't believe I was dumped and consumed by anger! And where the heck did you find that solid evidence against Faith." I spat.
"She's just nobody and your father was fond of her." She managed to speak with hatred and I run a hand over my face.
"You know he could never cheat on you, damn it he could never betray his family like that and that was your stupid reason to kill him or there's more!" I snap and she continued to cry.
Faith's words felt like a migraine and it is getting worse with what I am hearing right now. I could never be my dad and I realized it must be this murderer's blood flowing in my vein. I sat down staring at a distance and cursing myself for what I have done.
"It's late bro so why don't you go and rest and I will handle everything." Caleb said and I looked into his eyes and he was trying to hide his emotions.

"Make sure she rots in prison and I am going to get her back." I said looking at him and he just holds back from what he was going to say and just nod.
I sat in my car and my destination was like walking straight to the lions' den but I have to try somehow. I arrived and I remember the good memories we had here but I had a bad intention and now it is gone. I blink back the tears and it was strange that her parents were not home.
Her best friend was not even at her house and I heard she left in a hurry from her work place. I didn't know where to look for her and what I am even going to say when I see her.
I made it back to the mansion and Joanna has already left and I saw Faith smiling at me but I know never did I make her smile in this house. I blink and she was real until I went closer to touch her and she disappeared.

I went to my room and I was haunted by her memories but why do the bad memories always have their way in my mind, all that I was hearing was what she told me and me yelling at her in the morning.
"Like you had your way in her life." My mind retorts making me groan.
"You're stupid, stupid!!!" I hit the wall with fist and went and took a bottle of whiskey and sat on the stairs.
I saw her everywhere and I throw the empty bottle away. I took another bottle and I could hear her screaming. I never slept in the room after I sent her away like a dirty whore and that was my fucking chance to make it alright and I blew it. "Leave me the hell alone!" I screamed smashing the bottle against the wall but I saw her, her eyes widen and she started to bleed out because I hit her with the bottle.

I rolled over the stairs to her side touching her to stop the bleeding and she stares at me and I backed out staring at my trembling hands that are soaked with her blood and I look at her again and she was gone.
"Please stop." I cried out and I wipe the blood of my hands and anytime I think it's gone, it reappears and my shirt is now soaked with her blood.
I crawl to the door telling myself that I am hallucinating and stop when I saw her again. Her eyes were displaying how she sees me and I couldn't breathe.
I touched her and she was real but cold and she started to bleed making me stumble backwards and I slipped.
"I'm sorry." I plead with my head down afraid to look into her cold eyes again.

"Hey, wake up. What the hell happened last night?" Caleb asked and I slowly open my eyes and groan. I look into his eyes and he has dark circles. "You haven't slept?" I asked as I lean on the wall and my head hurts.
"I tried calling you but you didn't answer. Damn, I thought something happened to you too." Caleb angrily spat and I groan as I rub my temple. "Did you find her?" I asked with a new hope rising and he looks away.
"That's why I'm here." He sternly said and I closed my eyes for a while. "I was at the station when her sister called." He murmurs and I quickly open my eyes.
"I know I deserve to go to prison." I said and Caleb shook his head.
"She had an accident!" He snaps and I groan as my head still hurts. "Wait what! Which hospital? I need to see her. Is she alright?" I asked as I stood up.
"That won't be necessary Nathan because her family will kill you right on the spot for what you did to her. Maybe I should say this, I told you so and I will have this guilt inside me forever because I can't apologize to her anymore." He furiously spat and hits me on the cheek making me moan.

I didn't retaliate because I needed it. "Where is she now?" I asked rubbing my cheek and his cold eyes send shivers down my spine.
"She's some where you can't hurt her anymore. She left Nathan." He coldly said and I frown.
"Faith is dead." He announces and I stumbled back in fear.

***

"Do you want to do this? I don't think it's a good idea." Caleb suggested and I remain quiet as I sat on the front seat of the car looking at the crowd. "It's her funeral and the least I can do is to say goodbye." I murmur and he heaves a sigh.
"I think the best thing is to stay away. You're fortunate they have not reported you yet." Caleb stated and I watch the crowd instead.  I got out of the car ignoring Caleb and walk towards them. Every step I took was like falling into abyss. I look down when I saw her picture and she was smiling and I took that smile from her forever.
I saw her family crying and I move closer and Cheryl saw me and her red eyes turned cold and that was the sign for me to flee but I move closer with my head down.
"I'm sorry for your lost." I mumble and she nods taking the flowers and I look her in the eyes. She effortlessly dropped the flowers on the ground and stamps on it like she wished that was my life under her merciless feet.

"Faith he said sorry so wake up!" She yells looking around and she looked at me with rage. "Do you see her walking towards us? Because we've said sorry many times for being so stupid to see something good in you and believe all your bullshits but I guess she loves where she is now. Sorry?" She huffs, her red eyes glassy with tears burn a hole in my head and I look down.
"How can sorry flows effortlessly from your lips and so simple, are you here to apologize for killing her and what do you expect huh? A hug, a gently slap on the back or words of encouragement for taking her from us. Because of you she felt useless, worthless but how can someone like her be so unlucky to have met you. Look around and see the people you've hurt by taking her away!" She snaps as she throws soil on me and she was held by her husband.

"I am still in the mood of mourning so you better run because I will be right where you're to haunt you. I want to rip you apart with my bare hands from where you are standing just for the fun of it. I curse the day she met you!" She spat like a maniac and I stare on the ground with glassy eyes and I could feel all eyes on me.
"I want to send you to prison and make you pay but I know that is too easy. Trust me, that was the first thing on my mind but I want you to deceive yourself that you're free and let her memory be the the kind of prison you deserve. You're a murderer!" She screams and broke down burying her face in her husband's chest.
My cheek aches and I found myself hitting the ground and I spat blood.

I turn to look at her father and her mum slaps me hard making the hidden tears fall on my cheeks and I could see the people looking at me with pure hatred and the priest couldn't hide his.
"You murderer, you killed my baby." Her dad spat and Caleb helped me stand up.
"Get out of our lives and when you're emotionally dead I will find you and kill you myself. How could you be the one to end her life? Was it wrong to love you? But be reminded I will be the one to end yours." Her mum coldly threatens and I turn to leave.

"Nathan." Someone called and I shamelessly turn and I saw her baby sister sadly looking at me until it turned into hatred.
I stare at my hand that she took and look at the soil she placed in my hand, like deja vu I remembered her blood in my hand and I let the tears fall.
"Her blood is in your hands. She's cold and alone and it's because of you, you killed her. You're a murderer." She slowly said and her words were like roots buried deep in my soul.
"Yes I am a murderer." I admit and I saw Faith looking at me.
"I'm sorry."