28

A few days pass and Sherlock has heard nothing from Moriarty, the silence was deafening. It has also been a few days since a case has come up, although that might have to do with the fact he hasn't replaced his phone yet. He was bored. John had left a few hours ago, claiming he couldn't concentrate with Sherlock pacing all the time. Yet the doctor also complained when he shot the walls, Sherlock deemed the pacing to be a valid compromise. Footsteps begin to make their way up to the flat, excitement builds inside Sherlock. This quickly dies when he realizes it wasn't John coming back, Mycroft was at his door. The smile is instantly wiped from Sherlock's face, his brother is the last person he wanted to see right now.

"You've been ignoring my calls Sherlock."
"Smashed my phone," Sherlock waved his hand dismissively, trying to subtly close the door on his brother.

"Here," Mycroft pressed a phone into Sherlocks chest, "And next time, try not to be so obvious about shutting me out."

The brothers glare at each other until Mycroft just turns around and leaves, allowing Sherlock to slam the door behind him.

- "That's no way to treat family Sherl. You never know which day will be their last. JM" -

For some unknown reason this message shook Sherlock to his core.

It's become dark outside and John still hasn't returned home. Although Sherlock has annoyed John before he has never been gone for a whole day. The doctor usually only needs a few hours to calm down or to complete the task he set out to do. Sherlock wasn't sure if he should be worried. He didn't really know what to do in this situation.

The detective didn't sleep, John still hadn't returned home.

- "You starting to miss your little pet yet Sherl? JM" -

- "I can promise you he's not hurt. Yet. JM" -

He then receives a photo. John looks dazed and bloody, but he doesn't look like he's been purposefully wounded. Just bruises and cuts from when Sherlock can assume he fought back against his attackers. Although Sherlock doesn't know how long John will remain uninjured, at least he's still alive.

- "I told you I'd take him for myself, Sherl. He looks rather fun to play with right now. I can't guarantee he lasts as long as all my other toys though. He's not as entertaining. JM" - 

A/N

Hey I did it, not going to lie it's short because although I have a very short plan details are difficult to think of. Hopefully any future chapters will make up for my absence

A/N