26

As Sherlock was making his way back to the flat, John decided that he wasn't going to get much conversation out of him so he went the more scenic route back home. John knew that the mention of Moriarty, whoever he was, had shook Sherlock to the core. He just wasn't going to admit it. Just the way Sherlock left the house, John had noticed that whenever Sherlock is genuinely worried about something he tries harder to look cool and mysterious. It was one of the little habits John had noticed from his time at Baker Street. This led John down a rabbit hole, a hole called Sherlock. John knew this man was his soulmate, they both knew. Yet they both avoid it. The whole idea of being that attached to another man still scares him. Any thought of Sherlock becomes a thought of his dad. But John also couldn't get Sherlock out of his mind. His little habits: like how graceful he moves or the effortless way he dons his jacket. These little things keep John's thoughts busy as he wanders the streets of London.

Sherlock storms straight to Baker Street, not even noticing the lack of a companion beside him. He didn't know who Moriarty was, but if he could orchestrate this by barely lifting a finger. What else could he do? Contacting Mycroft wasn't an option, he'd act as if this Moriarty doesn't exist and tell Sherlock not to meddle in places that don't need meddling. He decides to enter his Mindpalace to try and see if there's any mention of a Moriarty.

John returns from his adventure about an hour later, Sherlock doesn't even move to the sound of the door opening and closing. John knows this version of Sherlock all too well. However he isn't as relaxed as he usually is, John can see the stress contorting his features. John's afraid to even move to his own chair so takes up the sofa instead, knowing he's in this for the long run.

After a few hours of silence, Sherlock throws himself out of the chair and makes his way to the sofa. Not noticing John, who had fallen asleep, he lies down without a second thought. This causes a large disturbance for the doctor, who immediately pushes Sherlock off of him.

"What the hell Sherlock, I was on the sofa. Why?"

Sherlock now realises what had happened, and why he's suddenly on the floor.

"I didn't realise, there was no need for that violence though.

"Violence! Violence! You tried to use me as bed Sherlock."

"I was thinking," and with that John gave up trying to reason with the detective and sat up, giving Sherlock a place to sit. However he once again laid down, now using John's lap as a pillow.

John doesn't know what to do, he can't put his hands anywhere. He fights the urge to tense up because he's never seen Sherlock like this and doesn't want to lose the only interaction of this kind. The detective however, once again fell back into his Mindpalace ignoring the outside world once again.

Half an hour passes and John seems to forget who's causing the weight in his lap and out of instinct starts to play with the detective's hair. Lost in his own thoughts he doesn't realise the slight flinch from Sherlock before he settles back down, accepting John's fingers running through his hair. However as this carried on Sherlock found himself drifting in and out of consciousness due to the relaxing nature of John's touch. Realising he hasn't had a chance to stop thinking since the mention of Moriarty, he gives in to the pull of sleep and drifts off.

John now notices the change of breathing and realises that it was Sherlock on his lap, and that the detective had now fallen asleep. John was in awe, he's never seen this man look so at peace with himself, so calm and so innocent. He was used to the Sherlock that runs around after criminals whilst his brain travels at speeds incomprehensible to John's mind. But this version was the man behind the mask that John was starting to see, this was the man that John was warming up to and willing to let into his own little fortress. 

--AN--

I'm back from the depths of laziness and will once again return. Honeslty i didn't expect to have like 100 notifications yesterday as it had been ages since I updated but the comments left made me laugh and made me cry. You guys are the best.

Just a filler chapter though and i tried to make it fluffly. Emphasis on try.

--AN--