22

John comes to his senses when he hears silence in the flat. Silence meant he had stopped crying. God he must've looked like a right idiot, breaking down in front of Sherlock like that. So much for being a soldier. He tries to study the surroundings, yet his view is blocked by something. Then he remembers. He was hugging Sherlock and Sherlock was hugging him. It didn't startle John that much, rather he really didn't want to let go. So when the detective shifted his weight, John didn't break their grip. He just got comfortable again. This is the most secure he has felt in a long time, Sherlock's embrace reminds him of the ones Harry would give him when their play fights got a bit too rough. Or the ones his mother would give when he came home with a skinned knee. It felt familiar and homely, John felt loved.

Sherlock was freaking out. Physical contact, sentiment, all things Mycroft would frown down upon. His brains screaming at him to just get up and leave John on the floor, storm off to bed and never speak a word of it to anyone. Yet something else is telling him to stay, keep John safe. It was evident John needed Sherlock and Sherlock needed John. So the detective's final decision was to get comfy and ride this out.

After roughly half an hour, Sherlock guessed as he couldn't check the time anymore, John's breathing pattern turned into one of a sleeping man. Now Sherlock had to make a choice, stay like this or carry John to bed. Immediately his answer was to remain seated. He knew attempting to carry John would lead to some difficulties and possible injuries, Sherlock was only a lanky detective and John a soldier. So to pass the time, Sherlock decided to dig into his mind palace and pull up a few unsolved cases and attempt to solve them.

This went on for a period of time, until John's breathing and the peace of London at night seemed to relax Sherlock. The next thing he knows, he hears a click and Greg is standing at the door joined by Mrs Hudson.

--AN--

Eyy, 

Happy new decade folks, lets start it with some fluff. 

God I've missed this story, I haven't wrote all year. Ha quips, jokes.

Anyways, I did another thing. Hopefully it hit you in the feels, because I'm too lazy to think of something new to write in this story so I just extended the fluff.

Hope the new year has been kind to you all so far, if not I hipe it gets better.

--AN--