23

--AN--

Big sappy apology at the end and an explanation for my very long absence

--AN--

Sherlock wanted to scream at Lestrade, but that would wake a sleeping John. However John seemed to stir anyways so Sherlock gave him a moment to shift his weight onto the sofa and off of the detective. Within a second Sherlock was on his feet and screaming,

"GERALD, I swear to whatever illusion up above, I will end you if that photo leaves your hard drive!"

Lestrade was taken back, the rage in the detectives face was evident. Yet Lestrade knew he wouldn't be harmed, Sherlock needed his fix too much. It was at this point John seemed to fully awake and began to process the situation.

He had fallen asleep on Sherlock, another man. Not only that, he became vulnerable; he'd be in so much trouble if anyone had found out. This is when he noticed Greg and Mrs Hudson. He paled.

Once the red had faded from Sherlock's vision, he caught a glimpse of the doctor's pale face. The panic was unmissable and in the true Sherlock way, slammed the door in the intruders' faces. He screwed up, John would hate him, he had trusted Sherlock and now that's ruined. God if John left now, Sherlock wouldn't know what to do. He needed the doctor, he wanted the doctor. The colour began to reemerge and John seemed less like a deer in headlights as the seconds passed. Yet he didn't shift his vision from the door.

"Um, John. Are you alright?" Sherlock asked gently, not wanting to startle John more.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. Popping to the loo."

And with that, John left the living room and headed to the bathroom, at the same time Sherlock noticed the door edging open.

"What do you want graham?"

"Sherlock, are you alright? I didn't want to startle you nor John. Just thought you'd want the memory saving. Ya know." Sherlock appreciated the gesture, but if John left now there wouldn't be a point in having it.

As the time passed, two detectives began discussing a new case. It seemed like the challenge Sherlock needed to distract himself. He turned to see if John agreed and was met with empty space. It was then that Sherlock realised that John hadn't yet left the bathroom. So Sherlock decided it would be his mission to make John feel comfortable again and hopefully not leave, and his first step was making the doctor leave the bathroom.

"John, are you still in there?"

"Yeah, where else would I be Sherlock?" The slight sarcastic tone gave Sherlock high hopes for his mission's outcome.

"Lestrade has a case for us, it seems like a real challenge. Do you want to join?"

The slight movement behind the door meant a yes to Sherlock, this was like Christmas. John didn't hate him.

"Yeah sure give me a minute to get sorted then."

John couldn't help but to smile at the sound of the giddy detective on the other side of the door.

"Alright, I'll wait."

--AN--

God i am so sorry for my vanishing. But i'm back for now. Basically i got caught up in school and fatigue and i always had a million things going through my mind. I just forgot, and couldnt be bothered. This is the funny part though.

I was finally finishing the planning for my bf's bday present and I found some old art. One of those art pieces had some lyrics that I couldn't remember and I knew I didn't write them because I don't have that ability. So after some searching I found it was 'sing for the stars' by Dylan Gardener, who I haven't listenend to in years but have had on in the background whislt writing. I listened to that song again and my brain went, "Johnlock, your Johnlock, write your goddam story woman, you hate waiting for updates and look what you've made eveyone do" so i wrote some more.

It isn't the best and is just filler because writing the crimes take so much effort, but I guess i got that to do for next time.

But i came back to this and saw over 170 notifications, some being from this week and I couldn't belive it. So thank you all for sticking by whilst i vanished into thin air.

Again if you want very inconsisten instagram posting follow my account i.am.trying.my.best.02

Anyways tl:dr I'm kinda back and thank old art and dylan gardener and thank you all for sticking by me

--AN--