16

--AN--

First of all I am sorry for leaving for so long, I started college on the 9th of September and I'm still adjusting. 4 A levels can be a lot to cope with at times, I've been spending my nights just taking it easy. 

--AN--

Days go by and they're trapped in a state of silence. John not wanting to push Sherlock, and Sherlock not knowing what to say. They do talk, one has to when living with someone else, however it's short and choppy. Both men wanting to avoid the topic, but not each other.

It's Sherlock that breaks the silence.

"John, I've been thinking about this soulmate business. I don't like it."

John's heart shattered, he'd spent his whole life searching for his soulmate, just to find out that his doesn't like soulmates. So many questions are running through his head. Does this mean Sherlock's going to kick him out? Are they just going to ignore this whole thing, and live their lives with this constant tension? As much as John wanted closure, he also knows that this isn't easy for Sherlock.

"This doesn't mean I don't like you. I rather, um, enjoy your company John. It's something..."

"You don't need to try and be emotional Sherlock," John buts in, realising the difficulties Sherlock's having explaining.

"It's just something new, unexpected and something you've spent so long avoiding. It's natural that you oppose it," John added, filling in his friend's blanks.

"Thank you John."

And with that single reply, Sherlock heads to his room to do God knows what, leaving John alone with the tension these conversations create.

Sherlock sits on his bed, determined to figure out exactly how he wants to go about this soulmate nonsense. Yet his mind keeps drifting to the prior conversation. How John filled in his blanks, and how understanding he was. That shocked Sherlock, his whole life he'd been shunned for thinking and feeling the way he does and then John comes around and just tries to understand. Sherlock knows he doesn't and so does John, but the attempt and the willingness to just let Sherlock function like Sherlock has left a lasting impression on the detective's mind. He expected another outburst from John, like last time. However Sherlock was greeted with the exact opposite and he's never felt so relieved.

John is suffering a mental debate. He can't decide if he should just drop the subject, or see if Sherlock is still willing to talk. However this decision is made for him as Sherlock bursts through his door and heads straight for the door of the flat, leaving John shell-shocked and unable to process what's happening.

"Graham. Case. Murder." Where the three words John deciphered from Sherlock's monologue as he descended the stairs. John's brain took a minute to figure out what was going on, and one more shout from Sherlock snapped him out of his daze and John ran to follow the man to catch a cab.

--AN--

Secondly (I continued down here as to avoid ruining the chapter) as you all know I now need to write a murder case thingy and I am going to have to ask for help. If anyone is any good at writing cases for these things I'd appreciate it so much because I'm sick of this fanfcition being one long conversation between the two. It needs some drama boizz. 
Plz Help.

--AN--