11

--AN--

I am so terribly sorry for vanishing for nearly a month. I just never had the energy or motivation to write. This chapter took more effort out of me than it should, I'm just finding it difficult at the moment to find motivation for anything. I don't know if it's the heat or just the fact that I'm in the no school mood, but I'm really struggling. So again I am really sorry for abandoning you for a month. If anyone wants to help me write this or something it would be greatly appreciated because I'm struggling to write this on my own.

--AN--

Sherlock mopes around his room for what feels like hours, yet every glance at the clock tells him not even a minute has passed. He shouldn't feel this way, he shouldn't feel conflicted and confused because Sherlock Holmes doesn't feel things. He knows he hurt John, he caught a glimpse of his face as he left, but he doesn't understand why John would be hurt. Maybe John did know and Sherlock's reaction seemed like rejection, maybe Sherlock was just too abrupt. He doesn't like this whole human business. After about half an hour of moping Sherlock decides to leave and face the truth, to face John.

John had just sat in disbelief that for a split second Sherlock had seemed human. He was lost in his thoughts when an opening of a door brought him back to Earth. He noticed Sherlock had left his room. However, it had only been half an hour, John was used to days on end without hearing or seeing Sherlock so his entrance took him by surprise.

Sherlock, slowly but surely, makes his way over to John. Double checking the markings were still there to show, he sits once again opposite John.

John doesn't see anything out of the ordinary, however Sherlock's actions seem different, like he's nervous.

With sweating palms, Sherlock closes his eyes and pulls up his sleeve, showing the pen markings spelling -"Milk"-

John is speechless, he knows that it's his handwriting and his memo to himself. But he can't believe it, Sherlock. He's destined to be with Sherlock. Just a minute ago this man told him he didn't care about soulmates and now he's confessing he's John's. Then the flashbacks start, the torment, the nights crying, the pain he felt from thinking he had no one.

Sherlock can't read John's expression, he still has his eyes closed. He can't bare to look at John, he doesn't know what to do.

This man caused him so much pain, John couldn't handle this. He gets up and leaves, as silently as he can to avoid alerting Sherlock, he can't handle questions.

It feels like hours before Sherlock opens his eyes. The greeting of an empty room now seems somber instead of welcoming. He wanted to talk to John.