14

John refused to go sleep that night. Instead he kept himself occupied until Sherlock decided to return, it wasn't because he wanted to continue the previous conversation, although he wants to apologise, John just wanted to make sure Sherlock returned safe. This meant John sat bored most the night, worry burrowing deep in his mind, setting anchor deep within his thoughts. All the things that could be happening to Sherlock out on the streets of London, raced through his mind. This allowed the doctor no time to just relax. He just wanted to find Sherlock, but he didn't know him well enough to figure out where the man could be.

After some time, John's mind drifted to the whole soulmate business. He never expected a man, John had always been more drawn towards women and their mannerisms. He didn't think he could handle spending the rest of his life with a man, especially if they were so alike. Yet here he was, with Sherlock Holmes as his soulmate. Then an idea dawned on John, he scolded himself on how idiotic he had been as he takes the pen off the table beside him.

He doesn't expect an answer but he hopes Sherlock at least reads the words he's now scrawling onto his arm in black ink. John's worries disappear as he writes - "Sherlock, I am sorry for what I said earlier, and that I never took into account your feelings. I know you're not going to reply but I want you to know I'm worried about where you are and hope you return soon. We don't need to talk about this until you're ready because I know it's a lot tougher on you than it is on me" - As he struggled to fit the last few words on his arm, John turned his attention to the TV, determined to take his mind off Sherlock.

--AN--

I know it's short but atleast I'm still writing it. It's a bit ironic that I'm now getting invested again with my college start date set in less than 2 weeks time and I'm putting myself through hell ny choosing 4 A levels.

--AN--