The Beginning

It's been 3 long wonderful years ever since I've met him, he is funny, sweet, handsome and most importantly he has a heart of gold. He's all I've ever wanted! The man of my dreams was here next to me as we were enjoying our small picnic in the calm fields of Mushroom Kingdom.

We have been looking forward to this day in particular because we both have been very busy lately.

He and his brother Mario were always out unclogging pipes and fighting beasts, monsters? Whatever. I really wasn't too fond of the idea of going out and deal with critters and creepy crawlies. But that doesn't change the fact that I always worried for his safety. Luckily for me he wasn't alone. He had Mario, and he always reassured me that they would be alright whenever they went out to fight.

"I love you!" I would always call out as Luigi and his brother ran towards the door. He would always turn back, lock his beautiful blue eyes with mine and his response was always "No, I love you the most" as he blew a kiss in my direction.

I would usually stay and work with Princess Peach, helping her around the castle or sometimes I would head back to the brother's place, well at this point it was my place too.

"What are you thinking (Y/n)?" Luigi asked as he took my hand and looked into my eyes. I turned to face him as smiled at him "I was.. I was just thinking about how hard you tried to convince me, early in our relationship to leave my life in Brooklyn to come live with you here"

"Was that a bad thing?" Luigi asked after taking a sip from his apple juice box.

I giggled "No silly! It was actually very cute" I said as I shyly looked away, at the same time I began to play with my hair, making little curls here and there. I sighed "Well.. now that I think about it, not really.. you know how much I was freaking out when you told me to jump inside the pipe"

"Yeah, you looked like a cat refusing to take a bath" he chuckled for a bit.

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds before bursting out in laughter. A Toad couple that was walking by looked at us funny and began to speed walk down the path; it even made us laugh even louder.

A few minutes have passed until we finally caught our breath.

We began to eat and enjoy the colors of the beautiful sunset, I don't think I've seen anything like it and who could have known that a place like this existed in the universe, doesn't really matter, I'm here with the love of my life. I leaned my head against Luigi's shoulder.

"You know I wish I could've brought my camera" Luigi looked at me for a second. "You know we can always go back and get it, right?" a smile grew on my face. "I think.." I then realized that it has been almost a couple of years since I ditched my home to come live here. "I think the landlord probably realized that I wasn't living there anymore, I'm pretty sure he threw my stuff out" He nodded lightly at my response.

"It was an old camera anyway" my arms were around my legs; curled up as I sat there lost in my thoughts

"It only had pictures I took when I worked at the newspaper, it was my first expensive camera and I guess that's the reason why I was a little fond of it"

Soon I felt Luigi's arm around me. I loved the feeling of his warmth, it made me feel safe and loved. "I promise to go back and find it, if not I'll find a new one just for you" he whispered as my head leaned even more onto him.

"But for now, I wanted to ask you something" we broke off the embrace. Luigi stood up and immediately helped me get on my feet. I took this chance to straightened my dress, we spent a good amount of time sitting there I didn't realize my dress began to wrinkle.

He soon took both of my hands "(Y/n) I just wanted to tell you that you're the first person I've ever truly been in love with, I know I am a simple guy but promise to give you everything you need, I know there are many ways to be happy in this life, but all I really need is you" Luigi knelt on one knee and pulled out a little ring case.

"(Y/n).. would you marry me?"

The ring shined brightly under the light of the full moon.

This was the moment I've always dreamed of.

"Yes Luigi.. I will marry you" I said with tears streaming down my eyes, he then proceeded to take the ring out, he gently took my hand and slowly slid the ring on my finger. I raised my hand next to my face admiring the beautiful golden ring by all its angles. It was beautiful. And finished with a ruby stone.

I soon leaned down to hug him, we almost fell over because of my sudden move but we laughed it off and kissed.