Preparations

It's been a few weeks since Luigi proposed, I was equally excited as exhausted, no one had warned me on how time consuming and tiring arranging the wedding would be, luckily for me Princess Peach and her subjects made a huge effort to help me and give me some ideas for the special day.

The eldest Toad was the one who would lead the wedding ceremony. We already picked out the area in the castle in which the wedding would be held.

After a long day me and Princess Peach decided to sit down. "That was a lot of work but I'm sure you're very excited to get married (Y/n)!" She exclaimed as she served me some tea.

She handed me a small fancy cup, with pink tea, it smelled like her name "Thanks Princess, also it was a lot of work but there is much left to do" I whined a little "No one ever prepared me for this" I sighed.

She looked at me with sympathy "Don't worry (Y/n) you're not alone I'm here if you need me" She gave me a reassuring smile.

"I just don't know.. now that I think about it.. who is going to walk me to the altar? I don't have parents, I've never had a chance to meet them" I paused, taking a sip from my tea.
"I have to confess to you, I've been pretty much alone in my entire life and I had to learn a lot of stuff on my own, sometimes the hard way" I looked down staring at the still liquid inside my cup.

I continued "I've never had a dad who could take me to the park on Sundays like other kids did, nor did I have a mom who could have explained how my body functioned, it would have saved me many panic attacks"

Gently, my hand took the small spoon next to me. I slowly dug it into the fine pile of sugar, Peach was silent, she was listening and I really appreciated her listening, she was a really good friend.

I continued "So despite knowing that I'm getting married I feel like there is something missing"

The monarch took out a napkin, she gently tapped her lips, and immediately put it away "Well, I do have to say that I'm sorry you didn't have a parental figure growing up. But I want you to know that, this is the start of a new chapter in your life, I don't think it's a good idea to hold on to the past, you are here now and you're not alone, a soon bride-to-be! To one of the greatest heroes of this world! so how about you lift that chin up and help me continue with the preparations" she gently lifted my face with her soft hands.

A smile drew across my face, my heart melted with joy, she genuinely cared about me and made me feel less worried.

It was then when she suggested to take me with the girls and take measurements for my dress, She said that perhaps that could help me relax.  I was honestly looking forward to it. My excitement of feeling like princess on my wedding day, a girl's dream come true. Soon enough, other toads came up to me, they made me stand in a stool surrounded by mirrors, they quickly took the necessary measurements without saying a word. It was almost like they were sent on a special mission and couldn't afford to fail.

"Wonderful!" Peach exclaimed. "Now we will start working on your dress, you can come by tomorrow so you can try it on. It's been a long day and you better get some sleep" she winked at me.

And off I went walking once again underneath the full moon, it was dark already. It was very quiet except for the breeze, I looked up and the night sky was full of stars. I stood there flabbergasted, never in my life have I seen such a clean sky, pure.. without any artificial light contaminating the environment.

'Well at least me and Luigi will spend the rest of our lives here' I thought to myself, I couldn't wait to get married. I wanted to be his wife so badly, I guess now that we live in a safe kingdom a lot of my worries for the next generation have vanished

We also wanted to start a family as soon as we got married, I loved kids and I wanted my own with him.

After a good 20 minutes of walking I finally arrived. As soon as my hand shut the door I realized Luigi was back after a week of him and Mario leaving for a mission. "Luigi!" I squealed as I went to hug him. It's been a week since I last saw him, he and Mario had to take care of some mission but I was glad to see him and Mario sleeping on the couch.

"He's just exhausted" Luigi told me as we both looked at Mario mumbling in his sleep. He then took me by my hand. "(Y/n) there is something I need to tell you" I looked at him confused, his expression became a sad one "Luigi? What's the matter?" My voice was almost breaking, I knew this man very well and deep down my heart knew that whatever he was going to tell me was something that was hurting him.

"Remember when I told you that I was leaving to fight ghosts" Luigi looked at me with almost tears in his eyes.

"Yes I Do, why?" I was growing with anguish every second.

"And how you gave me your engagement ring so that it could be the closest thing to you." I stayed silent, he took a while to answer me.

"Well.. I.." Luigi wiped the tears off his face.

"I lost it" he brokedown both of his hands covering his face.

I kneeled down next to him, I was sad too, I mean it's something that he gave me but that wasn't important. I gently removed his hands from covering his face, I slowly wiped the tears. "It alright, you are here which is more important to me."

"We can always get another one so don't be too harsh on yourself" I finally added as I hugged him and placed a kiss on his forehead.