The Mansion

I was determined to leave tonight, so later in the day I took a hand bag that was near my bed and packed the essentials. I leaned down to look underneath my bed for some old heavy duty boots I haven't worn in ages. 'This needs a good dusting.' Finally after a few minutes of wiping them they were ready.

I put on my most comfortable dress since I didn't have any shirts or pants in my drawers, it simply didn't cross my mind buying new clothes, but it's a little late for that.

I was finally ready, I took the map from the table and carefully placed it in one of my bags pockets. I opened the door and was met by the cold wind piercing my face, so I took my hands to reach for my hoodie. Didn't matter how cold it was, I was prepared.

I walked for what felt like hours, probably just 20 minutes. But as I got deeper my surroundings looked scarier, there was a lot of fog and a lot of dead trees.

"Well I guess you'll have to help me now" I said to myself as my hand reached inside my bag for the flashlight. The path I was taking became less visible, but not for long since the light helped illuminate what was in front of me. Then I saw it. In all its mighty, the haunted mansion.

I was in awe as I admired the building. I've never seen anything like it, but enough distractions! I came here for my ring, nothing else.

I stepped up to the front porch. Instead of knocking I figured I could just walk in since, I knew no one 'lived' here. I looked around and saw everything tidied up, the old furniture seemed untouched. 'Focus (Y/n), Focus!' I thought to myself. So I continued walking.

Not knowing where to go I decided to take a left and go from there. My eyes widened at the unexpected long hallways with multiple doors. I walked slowly and tried illuminating the floor in case I saw the ring. A sudden noise coming from behind me made me jump in surprise. I was beginning to feel scared. My arm was was visibly shaking as I turned around to see what caused it. I only saw a book on the floor it, obviously wasn't there in the first place.

Quickly, I shined the light around the hallway I previously walked through, no one was there.

"Boo!" A little Boo said as he giggled uncontrollably, soon other boos came from the walls. Laughing at my terrified reactions. I swear my heart almost got out of my body.

They were honestly not scary looking but I didn't stick there for long to find out what their intentions where. "She's getting away!" I heard one of them yell. I looked back only to see them dissappear through the same walls they came out from.

Then... "Boo!"

I finally let out a scream, definitely caught me off guard. Then someone begun to tug my bag "Hey!" I said as i tried to pull my bag. The Boo just laughed at my already annoyed voice after a little while I lost grip and let go. "If you want it you have to catch me! but first.." The female Boo turned my bag upside down and shook it until everything fell out of it.

My mouth dropped, I was shocked but angry "OH you did not do that you little-" before I could finish my sentence her look of mischief was replaced by a face of terror on the little Boo's face. She dropped my bag and I saw all the boos scurrying around until they vanished through the walls. Confused at the sudden change of the atmosphere, I look back only to see a man or should I say.. ghost, dressed in what looked like Victorian clothes, he wore a beautiful purple cape, and finally his crown, which had a beautiful gem glowing on top. I'm sure if he didn't float he would still tower over me.

He didn't seem too happy.

"Who are you and how dare you trespass MY territory?" The mysterious man demanded answers with a ferocious voice.

I was genuinely scared for my life "I-I am sorry, I don't k-know who you are, I thought this p-place was v-vacant" He stared daggers at me. I looked away "Please.. don't kill me, I just came to look for something that belongs to me" I finally looked at him and pleaded with tears.

I think he immediately had sympathy for a defenseless girl just trying to look for something and didn't mean any harm. His face immediately turned soft. "Oh darling! My apologies I didn't mean to scare you!" he took out a tissue from a hidden pocket in his suit "There, there, please don't cry" he felt guilty for behaving so rude, he cleaned up the tears that kept streaming down from my eyes.

Internally I was confused by his mood change. He finished drying up my tears and after a while I finally had the courage to ask him. "Im sorry, but who are you? if you dont mind me asking" He looked at me a little puzzled, he seemed to be just a bit offended by the fact that I didn't know him.

"Well Darling, I am the King of the Boos, King Boo, pretty straight forward, and with whom do I have the pleasure to speak with?"

'Wow I had no idea such being existed' I thought to myself. "I'm (Y/n)" I said as I extended my hand to shake his. To my surprise King Boo took my hand but instead he kissed it. "It's my pleasure to meet you, I have to say you do have a beautiful name"

I blushed a little "Thank you" I said sheepishly. "You are very welcome" he responded politely.

"So please tell me (Y/n), what brings you here?" The King asked me.

"I came back for my ring"