Little Charms

King Boo, stood up from his seat and looked down at me. I was pretty surprised at how dark this whole thing turned out.

"Nonetheless, I cherish you. But oh how much I wish to have you forever. We could talk and drink, every night" The King says as he takes my hands into his.

"Well, I can't promise anything but I can definitely come more often."

"That's alright, I would be more than happy to receive you"

I genuinely gave him a smile and look him in the eyes. 'Oh my stars. She is gorgeous.' "So uhm.. more wine?" He offered.

"Yes please."

From that day forward, my visits turned from once a week, to twice, and finally every night. I had to say, I really enjoyed his company. Who would've thought such a serious King had a soft spot.

We began to play games, first together. Then we included the Little Boo from last time, until we invited more to play. I learned that he would take care of the younger Boos, play games and sing songs. I leaned against the door frame watching him being gentle as he can be. He was so happy. His head lifted up from the ghost children and gestured to me to come over.

"Join us, (Y/n). Take my hand and hers" I did as he instructed, I looked up to him as he gave me an approving nod. We all played 'Ring around the rosie'

"It's their favorite game," King Boo whispered in my ear. His breath in my ear was surprisingly warm for a Boo.

We played some other games and after a couple of hours the little Boo's were gone. I decided to relax on an old couch. It squeaked a little as I sat down, so I made sure not to move as much. King Boo soon joined me.

We were both sitting there without saying anything, so I decided to break the ice. "They are adorable"

"Yes, I agree" More silence.

I turned my head to face him. "Did you ever plan on having kids?" I asked curiously.

His eyes widened a little, pretty sure my question caught him off guard. "Well, I suppose I do"

"How about you?"

I looked at the ceiling for a second or two. I looked back at him and nodded. "Yeah, I've always wanted them. I wanted ten of them but Luigi said that two would be more than enough"

He snorted at my statement. "That's a lot of children, Lady (Y/n)."

"Yeah, I know. But that's what I wanted, well what I really want"

King Boo looked at me a little puzzled. "Well, what I'm trying to say is that I want children, not necessarily ten."

"Fair enough"