The Ring

"A ring you say" he asked. I confirmed by nodding my head. "Very well.." King Boo said as he rubbed his chin. he got quiet for a moment, then with a couple of hand movements he summoned my ring.

"Yes! That's mine!" I thanked him as I tried to reach for it.

King Boo inspected the ring closely until he saw my hand reached for it. I saw him grin. "Now, now, let's not be too hasty" Once again he took my hand, but this time he gently slipped the ring in my finger. He looked at me pleased with himself. Meanwhile, I couldn't say anything. I was shocked, the memories began to flow in my head.

"So my dear, are you going to tell me how you got this ring in your possession?" He asked curiously, he still didn't let go of my hand.

I honestly wasn't sure on how to respond, I didn't want the ghost to behave like earlier if he knew who was the one that gave it to me "It's my engagement ring" I said briefly. I was hoping that my answer wouldn't trigger him.

I looked up at him, only to see his grin disappear, oh no. Silence filled the room, the conversation had turned awkward.

"My apologies (Y/n), I'm not the type to take another man's woman" His majesty was embarrassed but did his best to keep himself from turning beet red. "I'm gonna be honest with you madam" he cleared his throat. "You know, living in a place like this for centuries gets a little lonely and I, as a leader, seek companionship other than of my subjects whom I've been with forever" The King of the Boos sighed.

I felt sorry for him, I couldn't imagine being alone for so long. Before I could think of what to say his voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Lady (Y/n), go tell your fiancé that he is a lucky man" he turned around, floating towards the door.

Before this point I really wanted to leave, But I thought, maybe it was best to tell him about my situation.

"Your majesty, if you allow me I have to confess something" he stopped and glanced over his shoulder.

"I lost my fiancé some weeks ago due to a terrible accident, so I came here to get back my ring, as this was the place where he lost it" 

I saw him shift his entire body at my direction, he seemed to be suspicious of something. As he got closer his bright magenta eyes narrowed and stared into my soul. "Answer me this" He demanded with anger in his voice. "Which of those filthy plumbers were you engaged with?"

My heart stopped. This was it, I was dead for good. So I answered, I had nothing to lose.

"Luigi" I blurted out as I covered my face, waiting to be striked with something. "Oh yes, I did meet him" he smirked. "He was on his way to trap me and my subjects, but luck was on my side that night, Luigi failed miserably" his evil smile revealed his sharp fangs, my body felt helpless. I couldn't do anything other than cry angry tears.

"But anyways, How can a lady like you fall for scum?" He turned once again to me. My body beginning to shake with anger and fear.

Then it sinked into King Boo. "Of course! Love makes you blind. You simply saw life through those perfect pink glasses, oblivious to reality" He slowly but firmly grabbed my chin forcing me to look at him directly. "Just know darling, I don't blame you, not one single bit. But I am very upset at the fact that you had ties to my foe" He then let go.

"Thanks for being honest my dear, otherwise this would have ended tragically for you" The King said as he handed me my bag with all my stuff in it.

"Thanks?" I said quietly. This whole interaction was a rollercoaster of emotions.

"Well Darling, it's time for me to return to my duties, feel free to stop by for some tea or a couple glasses of wine, I enjoyed your visit"

He turned to me one last time. "Don't worry about the Boo's, they won't mess with you again."

With that said he left.