aaron t. - stay.

<3 — aaron t isnt ready to settle, but he comes back
꒰⚘݄꒱ — HURT/COMFORT. HELP
💌 — REQUESTED BY @robairesolosfr ENJOY 😜😜😜

aaron t was a sweetheart. especially in highschool which was the time you had been dating. he was everything you ever wanted and your relationship was fine. but the day of your graduation, he walked up to you right when you were about to take a picture. "let's break up." right than, the picture was taken. your face looked absolutely heartbroken, what had you been doing wrong?

you always told him "never lose yourself, stay that way." and he always told you, "if you're around, i could never lose myself." but that day it really felt like someone else had been in his body. it was so sudden, but you never pried. 'cause you couldn't, he was gone now. you never settled for less, him being what you need. all you needed was for him to stay, even if all he was to you was a friend. but since that day, he disappeared.

you were now older. you set the photo down, the memories had been flowing in. you were just a highschool girl and you had been so heartbroken. "you still have this photo?" you asked your friend. "yeah.. every photo matters i guess. do you want me to take it down?" she finished washing her hands after making some food, than walking over to you. "uh... no. it's fine." you shrugged it off, not wanting to pry.

"do you miss it? you know- the highschool days." she questioned, dragging you to sit down. "yeah.. of course i do. i had someone constantly by my side than!" you mumbled, only loud enough for her to hear. "i hope you find something better." was all she said before moving on to the next topic. you enjoyed your dinner together and than parting. she waved you off and you drove back home.

you were attempting to go to sleep but it was hard, how had he went from your highschool sweetheart to some big boy band guy? you were pissed, deciding to make some tea before finally drifting off to sleep. you woke up to someone ringing your doorbell but you hadn't invited any of your friends over. you thought you had been dreaming, why was aaron back? were your eyes that messed up? "hey.. wanna catch up? i brought your favorite. i mean, i'm okay with you saying no so just-" "okay. let's catch up, than." you weren't sure what had gotten into you, why did you say yes?

"oh, okay than!" aaron t gave you his signature smile, telling you he's the same as he was in high school. you let him walk to the countertop of your kitchen, setting the food down. he began rambling about how he was scouted and his bandmates. you had paid attention to every word unfortunately, everything that came out of his mouth was a new important piece of info to you. "so, what've you been up to since.. graduation?" he asked, a softer feel in his voice. he looked over at you, but you didn't look back.

"nothing. just living life, i guess.." you muttered, not really interested in talking about yourself at this time. aaron sighed, still looking at you. "is there anything you need me to do?" you were shocked at his offer, why would he offer that? "uh.. no. nothing." you finally looked over at him, finished with your food. "i miss you. i'll do everything i can to win you back, but if you say no now, i'll walk away if you want me to." he was always persistent but only with things he was passionate about.

you knew you wanted him back, but you wanted to see how far he'd really go. he walked away before, what'll stop him from walking away this time? "okay." was all you said, "do you need me to do anything? get groceries? drive you around? pay your bills?" he was persistent.. so persistent. "could- could you just stay? that's all i need. i need someone here." you felt lonely, no matter how many friends you had you felt so lonely.

"of course i'll stay." he was quiet, but he slowly got up and wrapped you in a soft hug. it brought back so many memories, making you cry. "i lied. i don't need someone, not just anyone, i need you. but can we be slow with it?" you wailed, chest heaving up and down while his hands slid up and down your back. "yeah, we can go slow. just let it all out. slap me if you need to, kick me in the nuts even." he whispered, careful with your heart. he felt as if his heart shattered, the sweet and caring highschool girl he once knew was breaking apart slowly and it was his fault.

but he was ready to come back, to stay, to build a family with you. "i could never slap you or kick you in the nuts, idiot." you giggled through your slowing cries. "the offer stands now and forever," he snickered, "let's get you to bed now." he gently guided you to your bed and said goodnight. "where are you going?" you were worried, was he gonna leave? "i'll sleep on the couch, one step at a time!" aaron t smiled, walking into the hallway and into the living room.

it continued like that day after day, month after month. you guys would go to work and sometimes hang out. you would come home and talk about your day, laughs shared and lingering gazes received. his career had taken off and you were happy with your career. he was always by your side, explaining what and why.

you were ready to take another step, but a big one. more like a leap of faith, you thought. "i'm ready to be something more," you told your friends. "so tell him! why are you telling us? walk out that door and go to him now." she told you, the others agreeing and shouting. "he's waiting for you, not the other way around. he's stayed by you and now it's time to let you be you." the other one smiled, making you get up and thank them.

you kissed their cheeks and than walked out, approaching aaron t's car. "aaron? i think i'm ready for something more." you grinned, his eyes widening. "so get in this car and stay." aaron t waited, his efforts for you paying off. you got in the car and kissed the corner of his lips, "tomorrow ,let's just stay in bed." you confided, ready to stay with him.