tae young - is it fake?

<3 — tae young and reader fake dating (FAKE)
꒰⚘݄꒱ — IDK PRETTY MUCH JUST FLUFF
💌 — requested by @Its_kateeexx_ + @MiriamMendelsohn!! I JUST WANTED TO COMBINE TWO IN ONE. ugh this is so its literally cringey but idc anymore its like 1620 words HELP

it was all fake. you only had started fake dating with tae young because he needed to stop people from thinking him and his friend had been dating. you began fake dating, only for a week, but it was only the second day and it felt so weird. the romantic touches shared between the two of you felt awkward but you could get used to it.

you were in public and he knew it was bad for his reputation but he didn't mind. the two of you sat in a booth across from eachother, your hand resting on the table interlaced with his. "i think they're around." he breathed, noticing a figure with lingering eyes on you. "uh, what do you want me to do?" you quickly ushered, a light smile placed on you face. "just pretend i said something funny." he said before bursting out into little giggles.

"oh- okay!" you smiled and began chuckling, he knew it was fake but even than you just looked so.. perfect. "y'know, you're literally so pretty!" tae young couldn't tell if you were being serious or not, but either way he ended up fully pink.

tae young regained his composure, "you're really attractive.. and thank you!" tae young said as his face beamed. he wasn't faking it, it was completely genuine. your heart started beating faster but you shoved it aside because it was all fake anyway. the two of you ate your food and got up, about to pay.

you didn't wanna pay so you held your hand out to tae young and expected him to give you cash. instead, he looked at your face and than down at your hand with a confused look, than understanding and holding your hand. "tae." you snorted, beginning to let the noises out of your mouth. "yeah?" tae young sounded so innocent, you just had to laugh.

"i was asking for cash.." you snickered, pulling your wallet out and leaving cash on the table. than, you pulled the boy away and to your car. "how was i supposed to know?" he hid his face with his elbow, eyes on the floor. you giggled and got into your car, letting him enter the passenger's seat and put his hands in his lap.

he had a flustered look on his face and you felt bad so you left your unoccupied hand on his thigh. throughout the ride, there were glances. they were stolen and it was still exceedingly awkward, no one speaking over the thick tension.

you two arrived back at the apartment for the boys, not expecting to see them outside already. jesse quickly ran up to the car window and you rolled it down, "what's up?" you questioned, concerned about his now curious behavior. "are you and tae dating? t said you two are." jesse had a proud smile on his face, a glint in his eyes.

your eyes went wide, you didn't expect them to catch on so quickly. you tried to play it off, "ahh! how'd you know?" you anxiously laughed. tae young's head snapped over, looking at the two of you. jesse's eyes darted from the look on your face to the look on tae young's face to the hand you had on his thigh.

"t was right? they're dating?" aaron z came up to the window, but this time on tae young's side. you looked at aaron z, his face going from blank to bewildered. all eyes were now on the hand you had on his thigh, extreme tension filling the air once more. you slowly pulled it away, unsure of what to do. "uh.. you should go..." you rolled the windows up and tae young got out of the car. the other's went back inside, talking about your relationship with tae young.

he held his head down as he passed the front of your car. but than, he came over to your side and knocked on your window. you rolled it down didn't bother looking at him but you could tell his face was still slightly flushed. "uh.. goodnight! i love you." tae young timidly said. it shocked you, making you instantly look at him. he was only going for a kiss on your cheek—but he ended up leaving a kiss on your lips.

"oh my- i-i'm so sorry!" tae young said right after, than running to the apartment's door and leaving. it did leave you dumbfounded yet a giggle escaped your mouth. you went home, still thinking about the incident.

the next day was nice, a simple picnic in the park. "so.. is this a date?" you asked, tae young was sitting beside you. "yeah! i mean.. you don't mind, right?" tae young set the basket of fruits to the side, looking over at you. "of course not!" you yawned, resting your head on his shoulder.

the third day felt more natural, you taking a light nap on his shoulder as he prepared everything. he was finally finished and he gently shook you awake. "sorry, do you wanna eat at least?" tae young offered, leaving an arm hovering by your side incase you wanna go back to sleep.

you nodded, still waking up from your nap. "ah, do you want me to feed you?" tae young giggled as he grabbed a fork. "uhh.. if you want to." you only wanted to do it if he wanted to. tae young let out a light chuckle, getting a scoop of the piece of cake he had for you. he set the plate down and trailed his hand to your mouth.

he had his other hand slightly below your chin, ready to collect any crumbs. you opened your mouth and he gently put the piece into your mouth, careful of hitting your teeth. tae young pulled the fork out and you quickly woke up. the taste of the cake was amazing, making you wonder if he made this himself.

"tae, did you make this yourself?" you asked, savoring the taste of it. you thought nothing of the moment, sure it was genuine but you felt it in a purely platonic way. tae young felt that he had been falling for you, completely absorbed by your warm aura. "yeah! i did, actually." tae young said, his eyes stuck on yours.

"hold on, i think fans are here." tae young heard squealing nearby, quickly pulling you in for a kiss. it was long lasting, tae young exploring your mouth. you assumed he tasted the cake so you let it happen. maybe he wasn't sure that they had seen! screams were heard soon after, his fingers tracing your jawline.

they quickly took pictures and ran, leaving the two of you alone. you delicately let go, letting yourself process what just happened. "i'm sorry. are you okay?" tae young's voice was soft, his hands back in his lap. "i-i mean yeah! i'm fine." you sighed, a little shocked.

the next couple days were terrible, tension left everywhere and it was killing you. on the last day, you saw him with the friend he was assumed to be dating at the start. you were getting upset, sitting on the bench while he continued to talk to them.

after what felt like an eternity, they finally left. "hey, just incase, if anyone asks i'm the top." you stated, moping around. tae young's eyes widened right after, "wh-what!? why would anyone ask!?" tae young stuttered, face flushing red as he lowered his face and covered it with his hands.

"oh- i heard 'who topped who?' so i just assumed-" "y/n, we were talking about the fight between the two girls.." tae young sighed, red still evident on his cheeks and his ears. you immediately made a face with wide eyes and a mouth forming an 'o' shape.

"oh i-i didn't know!" you giggled, standing up to pull his hands from his face. you gently pried them away, leaving a gentle kiss on his nose. "we could always test it out, though." you teased, cackling when you saw him freak out. "y/n, it's not funny!" "yes it is, tae!" the laughter died down after a little while.

".. y/n." tae young's voice was almost nonexistent, but it was still heard. "yeah?" you were confused, why was he so serious suddenly? "how much of us.. how much of this... is fake?" his hands were now by his sides, you were worried. "i mean—how fake was it for you?" you chuckled but his face was still blank.

"it wasn't fake. the day we started fake dating i felt myself fall for you.. but i never knew if you were faking it or not." tae young sighed, taking steps backwards. "and i think i fell for you when we kissed on the picnic date." you closed the gap between you two, a gentle kiss to his lips.

"are we still faking it? or.." he asked, unsure of what to label your relationship now. "no, we're obviously dating now!" you snickered, letting him slide his hand down to connect with yours. "you do know that i am the top though, right?" "y/n, i'm leaving." tae young sighed, but his actions contradicted with his words. even the red on the tips of his ears and the red on his cheek contrasted from what he said.

you left a kiss on his temple, proceeding on with your relationship that was real and no longer fake.