023

Charlee and Iain's relationship had been going well. They were both getting on and making it work. Charlee knew that Iain was the love of her life and she didn't want to lose him.

That morning Charlee walked into the ED and sighed. Iain had been on a double shift. She smiled as he walked towards her. "Hey. I thought I'd stick around and say morning to you. And give you a kiss."

Charlee smiled and kissed him. She looked to him. "Don't suppose you've seen my sister have you?" She asked.

"No. Why? Is everything okay?"

Charlee nodded. "Yeah. Her and Cal are just being stupid. So I need to talk sense into her."

Iain smirked and nodded. "Well if anyone can, it's you," he told her.

"Oh i know. Listen, you go and get some sleep.
I'll see you later," she told him.

***
Charlee found Ella sitting in the staffroom. She smiled. "Have you sorted it with Cal?" She asked as she looked to her.

Ella sighed. "He hasn't called me back. I left him a dozen texts. He didn't reply to a single one of them," she mumbled.

Charlee frowned as she sat down next to her. "Hasn't he called at all?"

"No. I can't keep doing this. This relationship, it's not working out."

Charlee sighed. "You're good together El. Don't let it be ruined."

"He's the one who's ruining it."

"I'll find him. And I'll talk to him."

***
Charlee went to find Cal. He was sitting outside. "We need to talk."

"Not now."

"Yes now. What's going on? Ella has been calling you all night. She's been texting all night."

Cal sighed. He stood up and walked off. Charlee went after him. "Don't walk away! What the hell happened?" She asked.

Cal turned to face her. He grabbed her arm and took her to one side. "I slept with Alicia. Last night. Okay? That's why I'm avoiding Ella. I don't want to see her. Because I know that I'll let it slip and then I've ruined our relationship."

Charlee stood there in shock. She looked to him. "You slept with that Geordie whore? What the actual hell?!" She spat.

"Don't say anything. Just don't. Please."

"I can't keep this from her. I really can't," Charlee said as she walked off. She knew that she couldn't keep this from her sister.

Cal grabbed her again. He sighed. "Look. I love Ella. I do. But at the moment, things aren't good with us. But I can't lose her."

"Sorry."

***
Charlee spent the day in a mess. She didn't know what to do about what Cal had told her. She sighed as Ella walked towards her. "Hey. How's your day going?" She asked as she looked to her.

Charlee shrugged. "Not bad. I just can't wait to get into bed and sleep the night away."

Ella smiled. "You and Iain? You're doing good aren't you? You're not having any issues?" She asked.

"No. Why?"

"Just wondering. Don't let him go. Whatever happens, you've got him. He loves you and you're perfect together. You know that right?"

Charlee smiled and pulled her sister into an hug. She knew that Ella had been going through a lot. But she had no idea just how much she was hiding.

***
Charlee went back to Iain. He was sitting up in bed and pulled her close. He kissed her. "You're amazing. I've missed you."

"I missed you too."

The two of them kissed again. Unaware of how Iain's past was going to come back and haunt them.