026

Charlee knew how the day had been hectic. She felt like it was too much for her. She knew that she needed a break. To take it easy.

Charlee knew being a doctor in an emergency department wasn't easy. But it was what she wanted to do with her life. She wanted to help people.

She felt like she was good at her job. She knew that it wasn't always easy. And today had been a hard day. A pregnant woman had been killed in a bus crash and all she could think about was her own sister who was pregnant.

She looked up as Iain walked in. He had a cut on his head. "What happened?" She asked as she looked to him.

"Oh. The bus exploded. Knocked me over. I'm fine," Iain said. He pulled her close and kissed her.

Charlee nodded. She looked to him. "Get it checked out. Please."

"I will. Listen, have you seen your sister? She's the one who pronounced the pregnant woman dead," Iain said.

"I'm going to find her in a bit. I wanted to see if you were okay. I've been worried about you," she told him.

Iain smiled. "I'm fine babe. You don't have to worry," he told her with a kiss to her head.

***
Charlee found Ella sitting in the changing room. She walked over to her. "Hey. What's wrong?"

"That pregnant woman. I just... I couldn't help but feel like it could have been me. She was excited to meet her baby. She was telling me. And now it's like... her baby won't get to live. Her baby won't get to see anything. And she won't even get to see her baby," Ella sobbed.

Charlee pulled her close and smiled. She held her as she sobbed. "It's going to be okay. Your baby is okay. You're okay," she told her.

Ella sobbed into her sister. Charlee felt bad for her. "Listen, go home get some rest. I'll cover for you. Okay?"

"I-Okay."

***
Charlee was walking along the corridor. Cal walked over to her. "It's Iain. He's collapsed."

"What?"

"His head injury. He didn't get it checked out. He's slipped into a coma," Cal told her.

Charlee looked to him. She felt sick. She turned and ran to where he was. She saw Connie there. "Mum?"

"He's slipped into a coma. I know you're worried. But he will be fine. I know he will," Connie told her.

Charlee was in tears. She couldn't handle it. "Don't let him die. Please," she sobbed.

Connie pulled her daughter into an hug. She held her. "You won't lose him. I promise you."

"He's been through so much with me. Please save him."

***
Charlee was sitting by Iain's bedside. She held his hand and smiled. "You have to wake up. I need you in my life. I can't live without you baby," she said as she kissed his hand.

Connie walked in. She looked to her daughter. "You should get some rest. I'll be here most of tonight. So I can keep an eye on him," she told her.

Charlee nodded. She sighed and kissed him. "I love you."

Charlee turned and walked off. But was Iain going to survive?