025

Charlee knew how bad she felt having told Ella about Cal cheating on her. She knew how she would hate it if she was in the same situation. She would want to kill Iain.

She knew how Ella hadn't been in work since she had found out. And she didn't blame her. She knew she was worried about her.

Charlee was thankful she still had Iain. He was a good guy. And she was glad. She knew all they had been through. How they were having a baby. And she was glad that her life was finally working out.

All she knew was that she didn't want anything going wrong in her life. And she was determined to somehow make it work.

When morning came, she saw Iain as he walked in with bacon sandwiches. She took one and smiled. "You genuinely make me happy," she said.

"It's only a bacon sandwich babe. Don't get too excited," Iain joked as he kissed her. He smiled. "Have you talked to Ella?"

Charlee shook her head. She sighed. "She isn't answering any calls whatsoever. I'm gonna go over before my shift and talk to her. I hate Cal."

Iain nodded. He kissed her. "You don't have to worry about me cheating. I could never," he said.

"I know. That's why I'm lucky to have you. You mean a lot to me," Charlee said as she smiled.

The two of them kissed as Iain bit her lip. Charlee grinned. "I should go and get this over and done with. I need to see my sister."

***
Charlee arrived at Ella's flat. Ella let her in. She sighed. "Has Cal sent you here?" She asked.

Charlee shook her head. "No. I wanted to see how you're doing. I know it hasn't been easy. And you're pregnant," she said.

Ella shrugged and sighed. "I don't know what to do. My head is a mess. I thought he loved me. Clearly not."

Charlee pulled her close and smiled. "It's going to be okay. I know it will. You just have to somehow make it work."

***
Charlee went into work. She smiled as Connie walked over to her. "You're late."

"Yeah. I went to see Ella. She's okay. But she doesn't feel like coming in today. I don't blame her."

Connie nodded as she smiled. "Give her some time. We've got a major emergency coming in. Iain is off with Jez sorting it out," she told her.

Charlee nodded as she walked inside. She got changed into her scrubs and sighed. She left the changing room and saw Iain. "What do we have?" She asked.

"Overturned bus. Pregnant woman trapped. It's not looking good for her."

"Do you have a name?"

Iain shook his head. He sighed. "It'll be okay."

***
Charlee had never had a worser day. She felt like there was too much going on and she didn't know how to feel about it.

She looked up as Ella walked in. "Hey. I didn't think you'd be here today. Are you okay?"

Ella nodded. "Mum called. Said you needed all hands on deck. So I'm here to help," she told her.

Charlee nodded. But she had no idea this day was about to get a whole lot worse.