028

Charlee was thankful. Iain had woken up. He hadn't talked. But he had still woken up. And she was thankful knowing she wasn't going to lose him.

She knew how she hadn't left his side since he had been admitted into the hospital. She wanted him to be okay. She knew all that had happened. And she somehow needed to make it all seem as if it was okay.

She knew it wasn't. And she knew that things were complicated and messy. She just wanted to get things back to how they used to be. Knowing her life wasn't the same.

She and Iain had been through so much. He was there for her when she went through hell. And now she needed to be there for him.

Charlee knew it wasn't going to be easy. But she somehow had to make it all seem okay. When she knew deep down, it wasn't. Iain wasn't the same. And she just wanted to help him get back to who he used to be. But she wasn't so sure on how long it would take.

Charlee knew one thing for certain. She was adamant she wasn't going to leave his side. Knowing that he never left her side when she was going through hell.

All she knew was that she was going to do all she could to make sure Iain got through the hard time he was going through.

Morning came and Charlee walked into the kitchen. She had been staying with Ella. She and Cal had been fighting a lot. And he had stayed with Ethan.

Charlee smiled. "Hey. Are you okay? Did you sleep okay?" She asked as she took a sip of orange juice.

Ella nodded. She sighed. "Yeah I'm good. Just fed up of the stupidness now. I can't be bothered anymore," she said. She looked to her. "How's Iain?"

Charlee smiled. "He woke up. Which I'm so happy about. But part of me is like, well will he even want to be with me still?"

"Course he would. You're the love of his life. And just because he's been through crap, doesn't change anything."

***
As soon as Charlee got to work, she went up to Iain's room. She smiled as she walked in. He looked to her and gave a small smile.

Charlee walked over. She took his hand. "I know you're going through hell right now. But I'm here for you. I love you so much."

Iain kissed her hand. He sighed. "We're okay."

Charlee looked to him. She smiled and nodded. "We're Charlee and Iain. We're always going to be okay. You and I, we can make this work," she told him.

"I know. I just need some time. Can you give me that?" Iain asked as he looked to her.

"I can give you all the time you need. I love you."

***
Charlee had just finished with her patient. She smiled as she saw Ella and Cal. "Hey. Iain is talking again. I'm so happy. He said he needs time. So I can give him that," she told them.

Ella smiled. She hugged her sister and sighed. "I'm happy for you. You're gonna make it work," she told her.

Charlee nodded and smiled. Just hoping that finally things with Iain were about to work out.