Chapter 2

Khalisè

I sat up in my bed, just feeling irritated as fuck.

"I already know what time it is."

I snatched the covers off of me and grabbed everything I need for my shower.

I already know today ain't gonna go right because my fucking cycle started.

"Lord be with me." I mumbled, finishing up my shower. I put on my scrubs and grabbed my shades off the top of my dresser.

"Let's get this shit done."
~
"Hello Ms. Tucker." I said to the elderly woman that I was checking in with today.

"You must be my new nurse?"

"Yes ma'am, I am."

"Well come on chile, come in and sit down." I nodded as I followed her. "They said your name was Ms. Bridges, right baby?"

"Yes ma'am. H-" I turned my head at the sound of somebody yelling towards the back of her house.

"Oh don't worry about that, girl. That's just my crazy ass grandson." I chuckled, going into my bag to check her temperature.

"So how you been feeling lately? Your report from last time said your blood pressure was real high due to stress problems?" I said, checking her temperature. Alright, that's normal.

"Whew, I be trying not to stress but that boy up there." She shakes her head. "He be putting me through it."

"Aye, G'ma." I turned my head to the voice coming from the hall, not believing my eyes.

Demarcus came from the back, coming into the living room.

"Don't be putting my business out there. I told you not to worry yourself anyway." He stated, looking dead at me. Fuck.

"Boy, you better take yo ass back up stairs, talking to me sideways. You know I don't play that shit." Ms. Tucker scoffed. "Sorry, Ms. Bridges."

"It's fin-"

"What you apologizing to her for?" I sighed, trying to keep my anger down. Fuck is wrong with this nigga?

"Demarcus, mind yo business before I knock yo head loose." She said, putting her head in her hands. "Baby, if you don't mind, could you get me some water?"

"Oh of course. Where's your kitchen?" I said, standing up.

"To your right as soon as you walk out of here." I nodded, walking into the kitchen only to see Demarcus follow behind me.

He grabbed my arm, making me turn towards him. "Yo, what the fuck?"

"Why the hell you in my house?"

"Nigga, I'm here for your grandmama."

"Bullshit." I scoffed.

"Dawg, ain't nobody worried about to dumbass. It's been three fucking years." I snatched my arm away from him. "Get the fuck off me."

"Mm." He said, looking me up and down. "Wassup with you?" Bitch?

"Fuck no. It's been 3 years but you should still know that my nigga crazy as fuck."

"Ain't nobody scared of Le's bitch ass."

"Boy watch yo fucking mouth." I said, pushing him away from me.

"Ms. Bridges, you alright in there?" We stared at each other, waiting to see what happened next.

"Yes ma'am. I'm on my way back." I said back.