Chapter 7

Jermaine

"This nigga." I mumbled, staring at Damien who laid back down after I told him to get up.

I pulled the covers off of him to see if he would finally get ready.

"I don't want to go." He said, trying to take the covers back.

"Damien, get up. You know you gotta go to school." I said, wrapping the blanket up so he couldn't grab it.

He just turned over. Shit.

I scratched the back of my neck before walking out of the room, into Kiara's.

"Can you help me get Damien up?" I mumbled. She looked up at me before getting up, walking out of the room.

"Damien Andrews. Get yo ass up and get ready for school." She said, crossing her arms.

My mouth dropped when he got up, walking towards his closet.

And I can't even get his ass to listen to me. My son.

"Hey." I grabbed Kiara's hand before she walked out. "Can we talk?"

"Talk about what?"

"Kiara." I stale faced her. She looked into Damien's room before closing his door.

"Wassup?" She began walking into the kitchen, making me follow her.

"How you been?"

"Good. You?" She leaned against the counter.

"Okay I guess." I shrugged, standing in front of her.

It's awkward as hell right now because I don't know what to say. All I know is that I miss her.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"I'm not mad." She shrugged, moving around me to get a cup I guess.

I smacked my teeth. Bullshit. "Kiara."

"Jermaine, I'm being honest. I'm not mad. I can't be mad about a situation that happened before me and you even knew each other."

"Then what is it? I text you and you ignore me, I come by, you barely say two words to me. I'm really trying to work this out. I love you, Kiara."

"I love you too, Jermaine. You know that. But when you are sitting here, knowing that you might have another child and you're not trying to handle the situation? I can't side with you." I sighed, wiping my face.

"You right. And imma get everything handled. I promise. I just miss talking to you." I wiped the tear that had fell from her eyes. Why she was crying? I do not know.

She wrapped her arms around me as I kissed her forehead.

I gotta get my shit together.
~
Malik
(Later on that day)

Triple Andrews 🐐💛:

My Little Sister🐥🤍: somethings up

Ride or Die🌪💛: what yo ass talking about

My Little Sister🐥🤍: my spidey senses are tingling

:something is wrong with yo ass

My Little Sister🐥🤍: AAA Batteries meet up at 4, Malik's house

Ride or Die🌪💛: no you didn't just call us AAA batteries

:then gonna volunteer my house

My Little Sister🐥🤍: see you thereeee🙂

"This girl need some pills." I said, sitting up straight.