Chapter 13

Malik

"Amara I told yo ass you gotta take it easy still." I said, looking into the phone at Amara.

"That's exactly what I said." Amara turned and looked at Vinchi on the side before looking back at me.

"Man, it's been around 4 years, ain't no way I should still be getting like this."

"Amara, you got shot in yo chest and yo leg." I said stale facing her. "Not to mention, we couldn't take you to a hospital."

"Nigga you got shot in yo arm, you still be moving around."

"I'm hardbody, dawg. Yo strength ain't like mines." Amara scoffed rolling her eyes.

"Man, I'm fine now. I pass out one time and everybody wanna be on my ass." I shook my head.

"Vinchi, watch over her ass, please. Matter-of-fact, imma come down there." I nodded, looking out the window to see Jermaine pulling up.

"I'm already on it, bro." He responded, making me nod.

"Bet you don't get in this house." Amara said.

"Girl, bye cause imma let him in."

"See, my bro-in-law be looking out. Bye Amara cause I be done knocked yo head off." I said, hanging the phone up just as Jermaine walked in the house.

"Who was that?" He asked, placing his coat down.

"Amara. She passed out because she get short winded every so often and don't know when to sit her ass down." I said, rolling a blunt.

"Awe yeah, they did tell me she passed out. That damn girl." Jermaine shook his head.

"Tell me about that shit. That's your sister tho."

"That's your sister too nigga." Jermaine chuckled, leaning against the wall. "What we got today?"

"2 drops and also gotta cook up a new batch. After that, we done for the day."

"Ight bet, let's roll." I stood up just as a notification came to my phone.

Khalisè 🙄🤎: You dead when you get here💅🏾

: you think you a threat? Don't forget what happened last night

Khalisè🙄🤎:okay? And don't forget who was asleep first, tf?

"But you claim you don't fuck with that damn girl." Jermaine laughed, making me smack my teeth.

"I don't."

"You dropping off dick tho."

"Akekeke, get yo ass out the house nigga."
~
Khalisè

"What the fuck do you want from me?" I turned my nose up, waiting for this nigga to answer my question.

"I want you to stop acting like we never were cool. You been playing Malik nem ass from the jump, admit it."

I rolled my eyes. "Demarcus, ain't nobody been playing Malik or anybody. Yes, me and you were cool, but that shit went out the window when you pulled the shit that you pulled."

"I told you I ain't have a choice."

"So you didn't have a choice between setting me up or giving these folks their money? You can honestly get the fuck outta my face." I chuckled.

A long time ago, me and Demarcus use to be cool. Really cool. He was my Bestfriend. He got me out of a jam that I was in. He was there through some of the wildest shit. Then, he set me up. Basically he gave my location to a group of niggas when I was doing a drop. So when I found out, I dead shit with him and kept it moving.

"Ain't that what you did with Amara?"

"See that's where you wrong. I was working with Amara against y'all. Cause one thing I do know is that Malik, Amara, and Jermaine would never do me how y'all did." I said, grabbing my stuff and walking out of Ms. Tucker's house.

Flashbacks began running through my head but I shook them off. Now is not the time for that.

Xavier is calling...

I sighed before answering the phone, getting into my car. "Yeah."

"Now you answer my call after dodging them for a whole week."

"It was nothing against you, Xavier. Just been caught up."

"You right about being caught up. What's up with this nigga that basically tried to beat my ass over you?"

Tried? "That's my dawg. And what you mean tried?"

"Well you need to tell yo dawg to chill out with that shit. And I said tried cause I laid his ass out."

I covered my laugh. One thing I know is that Malik never took an ass whooping besides from his mama. So for this nigga to try to lie to me is very crazy.

"I hear ya. Anyways I gotta go, I just pulled up to my spot." I lied, stopping my car at the gas station.

"Ight bet."

I hung up the phone and went to my messages, sending a message to Malik.

:I love yo dumbass

Malik🙄🤍: I love yo stupid ass too.

Malik🙄🤍: you got Dub over here clowning me and shit.

:that's yo fault nigga😂

Malik🙄🤍: i got sum for that

I put my phone in my pocket, making sure my strap was on me before getting out of the car.

10 minutes went by as I got gas at the gas station, but I felt like there were some eyes on me.

"They better play with the right person cause I ain't for this shit today dawg." I said to myself, getting back in my car.

As I drove off I seen a car from the gas station pull off. Obviously they don't know how to go unnoticed.

"Maybe it's just me." I mumbled. But to make sure.

I made two rights and a left and guess what? They did the same shit.

"These Bitches sharking me." I said, pulling my phone out to call Malik.

"Yo?" Malik said.

"Aye, it's a car trailing me and I don't know what the fuck they on."

"Where you at?" His voice got deeper as I heard his keys in the background.

"Across the street from Kiara's house."

"Bet, I'm on my way."

I hung up and sent my location to him, looking in the mirror at the car.

It was now behind me, and a lightskin face was behind the wheel.

Must be Ken.

I pulled my strap and set it on my lap. "Let's play."