Chapter 22

Khalisé
(New Years Special 🫶🏽Part 1)

"Can't believe y'all got me out of the house before 12." I mumbled.

At 9 this morning, Amara, Kiara, and Nia were at my front door step talking about going shopping and shit. They all perky while I'm tryna get my ass back home to my bed.

"Girl cheer up, it's Saturday, New Years Eve, you're off and it's time to chill with us since we rarely chill without the guys now." Amara said as she fixed her shades on her face.

"Okay but why couldn't we chill at the house?" I said, yawning.

"Where's the fun in that?" Kiara asked.

"A lot, hell, my feet hurt." Nia said, putting her hood on her head.

"At least someone understands where I'm at with this." I said as we walked around the mall.

"We'll be back home soon, I promise. Especially since we all suppose to be going over Kiara's anyway." Kiara's head turned towards Amara.

"Who said that?"

"Um the groupchat did?"

"That was at like 2 this morning, I thought you were joking."

"Amara's ass just wanna be away from her house because Vinchi pissed her off." Amara gasped before putting her hand on her chest. Dramatic ass.

"You're lying." Nia looked at Amara. "Okay, maybe you're right."

"What he do?" I asked.

"Nothing. She pissed cause he had to go to work on New Year's Eve. Like he can control that." No said, stale facing her.

"Shut yo ass up. How you mad cause I wanna be under my nigga on New Year's?" Amara squinted her eyes at Nia, making Kiara chuckle.

"He'll be off before New Year's even get here."

"Nia, I know you not talking because you got King coming up here right now." Kiara said.

"Where the hell is King's ass at anyways?" Nia mumbled before getting her phone out of her pocket.

I shook my head at these hoes. "Y'all crazy."

"Khalisé." My heart dropped as I heard that voice again. That voice that I keep trying to avoid but somehow it always find me.

"Ayo, Khalisé." I could see Nia look at me but I ignored it, hoping that this nigga would finally get the hint and leave me the hell alone.

"Um, Khalisé, it's some dude cal-"

"Wait, stop." Amara said, cutting Kiara off. "Khalisé, what's going on?"

"Nothing." I cleared my throat. "Nothing. Can we just please continue to walk around the mall?"

"Khalisé," he caught up to us, making me regret that I even stopped walking. "You don't hear me?"

"Who the fuck are you?" Amara asked, crossing her arms

"My bad, gorgeous, I'm Ale-" I smacked his hand away from her before shaking my head.

"Can we please just leave?" I asked, pulling her arm towards me.

"Wait, Khalisé, I actually wanted to-"

"Bro, it's quite obvious that she doesn't wanna talk to you, so imma say this the nicest way I can. Leave her the fuck alone." Kiara said, pulling me away from the situation.

"What did I tell you before, ma? You can't hide from me forever." He smirked, grabbing my arm.

"Move the fuck back." I whispered, feeling like I was about to throw up.