Chapter 9

Malik

"Ight, we need to talk."

"Here we go." I chuckled, sitting in this chair in the game room.

Jermaine came over saying he wanted to just visit. Even though he's really just avoiding the situation he's in, I told him to come over anyways.

"Wassup dawg?" I mumbled.

"This nigga you done got yourself in this situation with. Who is it?"

"What's up niggas?" I turned around to see Nia standing there with a key and King.

"I regret not changing my locks after all these years." I said, scoffing. "What you doing here?"

"Came to visit my boys. I ain't seen y'all in a minute. I was gonna ride with Amara but she got tied up in some photo shoot. She said she's like a few minutes behind me tho." I nodded, dapping my bro up.

"Heard yo ass preggo. You done trapped my sister, dawg." Jermaine said, crossing his arms.

"Aye, it takes two to tango, youngin."

"He calling you youngin but he the youngest out of all the niggas in the crew." I said, pointing at him with my thumb.

"Me and Abraham the same age." I furrowed my eyebrows as I look at Jermaine, who was already looking at me.

"Who the hell is Abraham?"

"You took the question right out of my mouth, bro." I said. I know my face showed confusion because I ain't never heard this name around here.

"Y'all still don't know that Vinchi's real name?"

"Vinchi's real name ain't Vinchi?" I asked.

"Who would name their child Vinchi?" King stale faced me.

"Nigga, who would nickname their child Vinchi?" Jermaine said, sitting up.

"Who would nickname their child Dub?" I turned around to see Amara walking in the door.

"That's right, take up for your man, sis." I mugged the hell outta Nia for saying that.

"Don't encourage the foolery." Jermaine said, waving them off.

"Don't come for my man if he didn't send for you."

"Never thought I'd see the day. Dub, Amara turned on us for a nigga." I said, watching her roll her eyes.

"What's in y'all water?"

"Nah, it's gotta be something else." Nia said, smirking at her. You can dead that shit now.

"It better the fuck not be." I said, sitting up.

"Right. My sister celibate." Jermaine said, turning his face up.

"It's been 3 years since they first moved in together. I know y'all smarter than that." King said, sitting in the couch.

"Why you so quiet, Amara?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

"Nigga, leave me alone." Amara said, standing beside Nia.

"Where this nigga at anyways?"

"He's at work. He got that job at that car dealers shop and shit. He said he'll be on his way right now though" I nodded. I was about to pull my blunt out until I realized that Nia was in here. Cant smoke around no baby.

"Wait cause where did Jermaine get his nickname from?" Nia asked.

"Oh, it came from," I stopped myself and looked at this nigga. "Where did your nickname come from nigga?"

"We been calling him Dub since he was a kid. It's just a nickname." Amara said, shrugging.

"Actually, you're wrong. Me, mama, and dad the only people that know what my middle name is. If you find out what that is, you'll get my nickname." I furrowed my eyes at him.

"Wait, so you've had a middle name this whole time?" King asked.

"Nigga don't act like we're all innocent." Nia started. "Vinchi's real name is Abraham. You're real name is Jahking and we don't even know Malik's middle name."

"First off, everyone knows my middle name. It's Jakson." I stated.

"Jackson like the city?"

"Yes but it's spelled differently. J-A-K-S-O-N. Jakson. But you're real name is Jahking?"

"The one and only."

"What's up family?" I heard Vinchi's voice say. Amara got up and hugged him like she ain't seen him in 5 years.

"Now I know I didn't give you a key. How you get in here?" I asked.

"Nigga, I'm a use to work for the community. I can get into any room if I wanted to." He said, sitting down beside King.

"Abraham." Jermaine said, throwing his hands in the air while smirking. Vinchi looked at King.

"I know it was nobody but you." King put his hands up in surrender mode.

"Check your girl, not me."

"I know you lying, I ain't said jack." Amara said, crossing her arms.

"King, we never surrender to no nigga, bro." I said, shaking my head.

I took my phone out of my pocket, seeing that I had a message.

***_***_****: Attachment: 1 Image

***_***_****: never leave somebody unattended to.

I opened the message, seeing a picture of Khalisè at the store. Fuck.

"Y'all, I'll be back. Hold shit down while I'm gone." I said, grabbing my keys and my coat that already had my glock in it.

"Le, you straight?" Amara asked, as Jermaine stood up too. My dawgs from the womb.

"Yeah, I'm cool. I'll be back." I kissed Amara's and Nia's forehead and dapped Jermaine, Vinchi, and King up before leaving.

Let's see what's going on now.

(Short but still sweet.)