Chapter 32

Malik

"Mr. Andrews is out of surgery."

Hearing those words made me nervous and excited at the same time.

"Wait, really? Is he okay, awake? Can we see him?" I was talking so fast as I asked him question after question.

"As of right now, he's in a coma. We were able to get the bullet out without causing anymore damage to him, but with the amount of blood he's lost and with the damages the bullet has caused on its own? We still have to keep him monitored severely." I slowly nodded, taking in everything he was saying.

"Is there any way that at least one of us could see him?" King asked the doctor.

He looked at us before sighing. "I can get one of you back there right now."

Before I could speak, Vinchi patted my back and lightly pushed me forward.

"Go check on him. Me, King and Mr. Williams will make sure everything is okay out here."

My mind was racing like hell. What's gonna happen when I go back here?

Before I knew it, I was following the doctor towards the back, to wherever Jermaine was at. I was more nervous than earlier, shit, was lowkey scared too.

Not even lowkey. I was scared as hell.

The doctor got to the door of one of the rooms and stopped.

"I'm going to let you in by yourself. Are you sure you want to go in here?"

I looked at the door before nodding.

He opened the door and slightly pushed it open before patting my back. He was saying something but I had zoned out by then.

Here goes nothing.
~
Omniscient

Malik slowly walked into the room of which his brother was staying. The room was cold and quiet, only noise in the room was the heart monitor that was keeping up with Jermaine's heart rate.

Malik finally gained the courage to look at Jermaine, and as he did? His heart dropped down to his stomach.

The top of Jermaine's head was wrapped, along with his right eye. He had a breathing tube in his mouth and different wires all over him.

"He doesn't look like himself," Malik thought in his head. Malik bit the inside of his mouth to keep from crying, claiming he had did enough of that today.

"Dub." Malik said, barely above a whisper. He walked over and kneeled down beside his brother's bed. He waited for a response, even though he knew he couldn't get one right now.

"Dub, I'm so sorry." His voice cracked as a tear slipped out of his eyes.

This wasn't how this was suppose to be. Malik and Jermaine were done. They decided that a long time ago. Actually 3-4 years ago.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now." Malik said, grabbing Jermaine's hand. He stared at his pale skin before looking at him.

"But I need you here with me, dawg. You the only one that's been there since the beginning besides Amara. You're the first best friend I've ever had. P-please don't leave me." He covered his month as he huffed. His tears began to flow harder.

"Please don't leave me." He repeated, hoping that Jermaine was somehow able to hear him.

Heading back over to the crew, Nia and Khalisé were currently getting checked out by the doctors to give Kiara peace of mind. Even though that was true, Kiara also just wanted to be alone, which is why she sent Amara out of the room as well.

"Hey." Amara said when she approached her boyfriend. Vinchi looked up and stood from his chair once he realized Amara was back.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked her.

"Nothing." She started. "Where's Malik?"

"He's in the back with Jermaine. He's out of surgery but in a coma." Amara slowly nodded at his words.

Right then, all Amara wanted to do was run to the back and see about her brother. She knew it wasn't the right time though. She knew that she wouldn't be able to see Jermaine in any other position besides his natural state.

Two arms were wrapped around her, bringing her out of her trance. She inhaled the scent she had grown to love, letting herself melt into his arms.

"What's this for?" She asked him.

"Just because." She slightly smiled and looked up at him.

"I love you. So much." She wrapped her arms around Vinchi as he rubbed her back. "Don't ever leave me. Please."

"I love you too, mamas. I'm not going anywhere."

"So you're TeTe Khalisé's dad?" Damien asked Mr. Bridges who was playing a game of rock, paper, scissors with him.

Even though Khalisé has known everyone for about 3-4 years, she rarely brings her father around because she's still getting to know him. She wants to have that tight bond before her father met her family, even if he does already know Malik and Jermaine. The meeting was long overdue, though.

"Yeah, little man." Was his response.

"My name's Damien." He said, smiling. Mr. Bridges couldn't get over the fact that Damien was literally a split image of Jermaine. "I have a question."

"What's up?"

"Have you seen my dad?" Mr. Bridges heart sunk as Damien looked up at him. "I haven't seen him since forever."

"Um." Mr. Bridges cleared his throat, not knowing what to say.

"He's getting help from the doctors right now." Mr. Williams intervened, earning a head nod as a 'thank you' from Mr. Bridges.

"Oh, well, when can I see him?" Damien asked as King walked around, catching the tail end of the conversation.

He just came from the back where Nia and Khalisé was. He tried to check in with Kiara too, but she didn't want any visitors at the moment.

"Don't worry, little bruh." King said, kneeling down to Damien's eye level. His eyes were glossy from everything going on today, but he put a straight face on for the child in front of him.

"You'll see him soon." King knew that if something happened to Jermaine, Damien would lose the only parent that ever loved and cared for him. So, he said a silent prayer. For Jermaine, for the family, but mostly for Damien because if it's one thing everybody knows?

It's that Jermaine never wanted Damien to go through what he went through as a child.