Chapter 6

Malik

"Y'all are worse than Amara and Vinchi were."

"Don't even lie like that. Them niggas wanted to kill each other everyday." I responded, laying on my couch.

Jermaine is now over my house. He claims him and Kiara are good but I don't believe that shit.

"Nah cause Khalisè would kill you. Amara wouldn't."

"And Kiara wouldn't kill you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"This ain't about me." Yeah, Ight.

"Mhm. What's going on with y'all anyways? And don't give me that bullshit cause yo ass checking yo phone every 5 seconds."

He explained what happened the last time he was over their house. I think she put his ass out, but at the same time, I don't know.

"No the real question is, is that yo son?"

" I don't know." He threw his hands in the air. "I can't say that he isn't my son because I was fucking around when I was younger. Shit, that's how I had Damien."

"Wait, so the boy could possibly be your child and you're not Tryna find out?" I asked. This doesn't sound like Jermaine at all, considering that he made sure he was there for Damien, even before finding out he was his.

"I know." He rubbed his eyes. "I know. I can't wrap my head around the situation man. Imma get my shit together. I got to." He mumbled.

I nodded. One thing about Jermaine, he's not an "Aint shit" ass father. I know he Gonna figure it out one way or another.

"Enough about me. What the hell going on bro? What happen between you and Khalisè?" He said.

"Man you know." I scratched the back of my neck. "The same ole, same ole."

"Nigga." He stale faced me.

"What?"

"You acting like I ain't been Ya brother for the last 24 years. I know when you lying."

"Can't shit get past yo ass." I mumbled.

"You Damn right." He chuckled, sitting back. "Now wassup?"

"Foo, if I tell you, you can't get mad at me."

He furrowed his eyebrows before he said anything. "What the hell yo dumbass done did, Le?"

"What I gotta be a dumbass for?" I said, avoiding the question.

"Malik." I sighed, rubbing my face.

"I'm kinda." I nodded my head from side to side. "Still dealing."

"Dealing? Dealing with what?" He said, sitting up.

"I still run shit round the trap, Dub."

It went silent, making me look at him. He was just staring at me. "What?"

"I'm trying not to slap the fuck outta yo stupid ass." His leg bounced. "Dealing, are you fucking serious bruh?"

"Wait, just hea-"

"Nah, Le." He stood up, shaking his head. "I can't side with you on this one."

"Bro, you not even gonna hear my side of the story?" I stood up too.

"Not when I know yo ass ain't gonna have a good reason for this shit. Dealing, Malik, what the fuck?" He scrunched his face up.

"I kept this shit as a side hustle man."

"We were suppose to leave this shit in the past, dawg. All of us done moved on to better shit."

"Jer"