Chapter 8

Khalisè

I'm tired as fuck. The way my back be aching, you'd think I'm 50 years old.

"So glad I got an off day." I mumbled, chilling on my couch.

I picked up my phone as it rung.

Sekani🥰💕 is calling...

"Hey boo." I said after I answered the phone.

"Bitch." I sat up, ready for whatever Amara had to say?

"Wassup hoe?"

"Tell me why I almost ran over Vinchi's ass today, on purpose by accident." This ignant ass girl.

"Bitch." I said, chuckling. "How the hell is it both?"

"Because I told his ass if I catch him imma run him over. I was looking for him, but then this fool was walking in front of my damn car. Tryna make me catch a charge and shit."

"Nah, I was running from yo ass!" I heard Vinchi's voice in the background.

"How you running from somebody and end up being in front of them? Dumbass!" She yelled back.

"Y'all gonna kill each other." I said, laying across my couch.

"Imma kill his ass first. Now, what's up with you and my brother? I heard y'all on the outs again." When aren't we?

"It be his fuckin fault. I'm sure by now you know he still... you know." I said, not wanting to say shit over the phone.

"Girl, I know. I wanted to knock the fuck outta his ass when I heard that shit."

"Wasn't gonna do shit to my brudda." I heard the phone shuffle before an "ow!"

"Yeah but I knocked the shit outta you didn't it?"

"Imma knock yo head between the toilet and the sink, keep fucking with me."

"Yeah, Abraham, I hear you." I scoffed out a laugh.

"After 3 to 4 years of knowing you I never knew your name was Abraham."

"And with that being said, Amara finna lose her life. Say goodbye to ya friend, Khalisè." Before I could respond, the phone hung up.

Xavier is calling...

"What the hell does this nigga want?" I mumbled before answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Yoo, good morning. How you doing?"

Xavier was the guy that I met at the store. After days of not responding to him, I finally sent a text back and we been cool since.

"I'm doing good. How are you love?" I said, stretching. I put him on speaker so I could do other things.

"I'm chilling, I'm chilling. Let me take you out." Huh?

"Out? Out where?" I said. I looked at my messages, seeing that I had a few unread.

Malik🙄🤍: yoo, wassup?

323-***-****: you still owe me, "Bestfriend"

Father💙🤞🏾: I'm doing good, Khalisè. How are you?

"Hello? Khalisè?" I shook outta my thoughts, realizing that Xavier was calling my name.

"Yeah, my bad. What did you say?" I asked as I responded to Malik.

:fuck outta my face

"I said, let me take you out to eat."

"Why?"

"What you mean why? To get to know you." He said, chuckling. "We've talked on the phone from time to time but I wanna see you face to face."

"We can FaceTime." I shrugged, responding back to my dad just as Malik sent a text back.

Malik🙄🤍: let's meet up. I need to talk to you.

"Come on, Khalisè, you know what I meant." I sighed, thinking about it for a second.

"What time you tryna go out?"

"Well it's 10 now, so let's go out at 12."

"Ight cool." I said, before responding to Malik.

:come over at 3.

Malik🙄🤍: bet

"So am I picking you up or no?"

"Nah, just send me the address and I'll be on my way." I said, standing up.

"Ight cool, see ya there."
~
(After the date)

:stop texting my fucking phone with this dumbass shit.

I hit send and blocked the weird number that texted me earlier. I already knew who it was, but ion feel like talking about that shit right now.

Since it was 2:30, I already knew Malik was at my house. The main reason being that his car was outside.

"This nigga." I mumbled. I opened my door and placed my keys on the counter, just to see Malik sitting on my couch, on Netflix.

"I would ask how you got in my house, but this is normal to me." I said, sitting on the other side of him. "What you want?"

"How you been?" Really nigga?

"I've been straight." I shrugged. "You?"

"Cool." He said, sitting up. He started pulling me into his lap, even tho I pulled away from him.

"Stop being so grumpy, mean ass."

"Nah, move. Get up off me, Malik." I pushed away from him, but damn was this nigga strong as hell. I couldn't move for shit.

"So what? You just gonna ignore me? You know I can't stay away from you for too long."

"You do dumb shit Malik. Not only are you tryna get yourself killed but people that you're associated with as well."

"Khalisè, I got everything handled, Ight?"

"You must've forget about King getting beat, Vinchi, Amara, Kiara, and Nia getting shot. Hell you still have problems with your arm for being shot too."

"You must've forgot who shot me?" I glared at him as he had that stupid smirk on his face.

"That's not the point, Malik."

"I know. But Forreal tho, I got everything handled. Forreal this time. I got some shit to do and then I'm done." He wiped his hands and shrugged.

"How am I suppose to know that, Malik?"

"You're just gonna have to trust me." I looked at him once again.

I fell for a dumbass, which makes me a dumbass as well.

"Man, whatever. I promise you Malik, I'll put another bullet in you. But this time, through your skull." I smiled, patted his leg and walked to the kitchen.

Chile, I need a drink.