Chapter 10

Jermaine
(Same Day)

"Aye, Dub?" I looked at Amara, seeing her nod for me to come here.

We walked away from everybody else since Nia, King, and Vinchi were having their separate conversation.

"Wassup, Se?"

"What's up with Malik, man? What you think that was about?" I sighed, shrugging.

"I don't even know. He got a message on his phone then headed out. Probably got something to do with what he got going on."

"Did he ever tell you who he had bad blood with?"

"Nah. I tried to ask him today, but Nia and King walked in."

"Man, it feels like we back in that old situation again." Amara mumbled, leaning on the table.

"Forreal dawg. What made this nigga stay in the game? He sitting on money, he has his family, his girl even though they be on and off. Ion understand." I said shaking my head.

"Me either. That's our brother tho."

"Forreal. We gonna do whatever we gotta do to get in his hard ass head." I said. Amara agreed by nodding.

"Anyways. Let's not get over the fact that you in a situation yourself. Who is this alleged baby mama?" Amara asked, scrunching her face up.

"Foo, you remember Ivy?"

"Nah."

"Ivy, bruh." I stale faced her.

"You saying "Ivy bruh" like I'm suppose to remember that shit. Who the hell is she?"

"Basically when I was getting around back after mom and dad passed, she claim she got pregnant then."

"Well, did you get her pregnant?"

"Man, hell nah. I don't know why all of a sudden she wanna pop up now. She waited 6-7 years to tell me?"

"You know how these bitches be, Jermaine." Amara started. "You need to check into that shit, honestly."

"You right. You and Malik are bout right, foo." I mumbled, rubbing my face. "What imma do if the boy is my child tho?"

"What you suppose to do. Own up to yo shit and provide for him. Just like you did for Damien."

"What am I gonna tell Kiara tho? Ever since this situation started, she's barely been talking to me."

"We all know why tho. You ain't getting yo shit together, Jermaine. We gonna need you to tap back into the 17- year old Dub for a second and fix yo situation. We know you can big bro." Amara gave me a side hug before walking back to the living room.

They right as hell tho.
~

Jermaine Andrews: If the boy is mine, I'd like to meet him and do what I gotta do. Why'd you wait so long to tell me?

IvyThatB: Ive been searching for you everywhere, Dub. Don't fucking come for me if I didn't send for you.

Jermaine Andrews: coo. I want a DNA test tho.

IvyThatB: for fucking what?

Jermaine Andrews: you really wanna do this shit right now?

IvyThatB: whatever

I put my phone up before knocking on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Jermaine." The other side went quiet before she started opening the door.

As soon as she opened the door, she gave me a hug. Not gonna lie, I've missed this shit.

"You came to get Damien?" Kiara asked after she let me go.

"Yeah, but I came to see you too. I miss you, little bit." I said, closing the door behind me.

"That's cool."

"Why you tryna act so hard like you don't miss me? Cause that hug at the door says other wise."

"I didn't even say anything, Jermaine." She said walking up stairs with me right behind her.

"So you don't miss me?" She kept walking, acting like she didn't hear me.

"Kiara."

"What Jermaine?" She opened the door to Damien's room, seeing that he was knocked out.

"Let him lay there. We staying here."

"We?" She said, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Yes, we. Kiara, you gotta give me a chance to get my shit right. Yes I was on some bullshit earlier, but I'm getting everything right now. I'm still the same man that you met 4 years ago." I said, following her as she walked out of Damien's room.

"Dub, I don't have time for this."

"Well, make time for it." I pulled my phone out and showed her the messages between me and Ivy, hoping that it would change something.

"Please, dawg." Im literally going stupid crazy without you.

She stared at the messages before staring back up at me. She put her hand on my cheek, caressing it.

"I knew you'd tap back into yourself."

"Wait, so we good now?" I asked, surprised as hell.

"Yes, nigga." She laughed. "I was just waiting for you to get yo shit back straight, for you to go back to the Jermaine I fell in love with."

"Man, you be bullshitting." I smiled, trying to act natural when on the inside, my heart was racing like a motherfucka.

"Gone ahead and act like you ain't happy as fuck." She smirked.

I put my arms around her, rocking us side to side. You damn right I'm happy as hell, the fuck?

But now, I gotta see what's up with this damn girl.