spiteful

𝖉𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

"Have we heard from Matteo yet?" I asked as I tapped my fingernails across my desk, the sound projecting through.

"No, nothing yet." Anya replied as she plopped herself down on the chair opposite my desk. I rubbed my temples soothingly, the stress coming in a painful sting. Matteo you fucking pain the fucking ass.

"Have the cooks begun yet?" I raised a brow, I was getting hungry after all. I've done paperwork for the past 6 hours on end, flicking through while the papers enlightened me on the Mafia world so far. It seemed pretty calm, besides the fact that an Italian prick was up my ass about taking over my mafia. Come and get it you fucking dog, I dare you. 

"I believe they are finishing up now, shall we go down?" She offered, and I hell wasn't going to turn it down. I nodded my head slightly, aligning the papers back in place before lifting up off my seat. I lead the way out while she followed not far behind.

"You still with the 'no boys' thing?" I raised a brow, knowing damn well she's rolling her eyes from behind me.
"Of course, always have always will," She replies as we step into the elevator. Well what else did I expect, Anya's expectations are so fucking high that not even the most loved man in the world could get through to her. I'm almost convinced she a lesbian at this point.

Before I knew it, the doors open and we paced into the kitchen, inhaling the delicious smell of the food cooking. Naia and Val were already in their seats at the table, me and Anya placing ourselves down.
"How has everyone been today?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. They all looked at me with a little smile before all replying the same thing.
"Good," In unison. This is how it always goes, their days are always good apparently.

Our food was delivered whilst I nodded my head in appreciation. I do have some valid cooks here, they're fucking amazing. 
We immediately dug in, the sound of our light chewing and munching filling the room. But I couldn't help but think about the Italian Mafia and their bullshit games. Them thinking they even so much as to have a chance makes me laugh. 

"So, are we ready for the Italian's?" Naia speaks up, patting a napkin over her plumped lips. I gripped my cutlery harder, of course we are ready.
"We've always been ready, don't forget where we stand in the ranks. They seem to have forgotten though." I go on, releasing my grip as I placed the cutlery down.

"I have a feeling they're coming soon," Val expresses. The hell they will, they're asking for death at this point. Actually, they asked for it when their boss initiated a fight.
"They're planning their own deaths, you know how our mafia is," Anya spoke confidently, and she was right. Our mafia wasn't the most feared for nothing. We had the strongest allies, family, and weapons. I looked over to Anya and nodded my head at her, agreeing with her response.

"If they were to come soon, we will be ready," I state. I was fucking confident, I know along the way I'll lose some of my people but you don't come into the Mafia to stay alive forever and live a jolly good life. It's a matter of life and death here, that's a risk they took in joining me.

I waved at one of the waiters, ushering her to come and clean our plates up. She hurried over to us, grabbing our plates while another lady came and wiped the table clean. 
"Thank you ladies," I expressed as I leaned my elbows onto the table. I cleared my throat before looking at the girls, their full attention on me.

"They initiated the attack, meaning they're coming to us. That's their first fucking mistake because they would be on our grounds. They won't know every room in this mansion like we do. They won't have any special advantages, they would be like lost little puppies in our place," A smirk grew on my face. Poor little Matteo, how fucking dumb can you be?

All the girls had a grin plastered on their faces, they realised I was fucking right. 
"So, we use the place to our advantage. That's where they fucked up, coming into a place they don't fucking know," Anya follows along, her grin only growing wider. I pointed my finger towards her, appreciating that she caught along.

"So ladies, the question is how? How are we going to use it to our advantage?" I made them think, testing their knowledge and idea of things. They all looked like they had wheels turning around inside their brains, before one light bulb went off.

"Our sniping base, it's the only place above ground where we can get easy kills off of," Val pieces the puzzle together. No one else knows about our sniping base, and it will hell stay that way. 

"There's also that secret entrance down below. They don't know about that either, we could either hide or help deliver our littles to safety," Naia chimes in, yet another idea coming through. Excellent job girls, good brains. We all look at each other devilishly, hell was going to break loose soon, and I'd be the person behind it. 

"And there's that emergency gun room behind one of our book stands for show, we could hide people or even lure some of the Italian's in before locking them out," She explained. All these ideas were fucking amazing, and we needed to get to fucking work now.

"Alright ladies, everything you just explained to me, you are in charge of that room or group during this battle," I announced, standing up from my seat.
"I need it done asap, we don't know when they'd come to attack but I wasn't worried," I said truthfully. I stopped being worried years ago, worried for my parents death and now look what's happened. Love is a bullshit thing, making people think that they need it to be attractive, or even to survive. 

A loud thud comes from towards the front door. I immediately perk up, running out of the kitchen and into the front rooms. One of my body guards have been shot dead, another note attached to his chest pocket. Not again.

4 hours.

I gritted my teeth together, scrunching up the paper and throwing it.
"Fuck!" I yelled in anger. How the fuck did they get in without anyone noticing, what is wrong with my guards? And did they leave, or are they still here?

"Someone do a mansion check, you find anyone who isn't us, you kill them." I ordered, as they paced away, checking every crease and crack. Okay I didn't mean it so deliberately.   

Two of my men, for 200 of theirs.

It's on Matteo, and it's my fucking move.

-----------------

chapter 7 !!

Hello new readers, I love y'all already <3