grim

𝖉𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

It's been a week since our alliance with Matteo. Everything has been running smoothly--it's been the first smooth week for as long as I can remember.

"How are the recruits doing?" I ask Anya. I would ask Naia and Val, but their just going to agree for the sake of their crushes.
"Well," She begins, taking in a deep breath. "Some good, some not so good," She tilts her head over at me. "Malakai and Kairo are the best in the group, as always," and that wasn't surprising to me. The way they're going, they'll be in our top team within weeks.

"So they'll be good for my girls, perfect," all the more reason to like them, or give them a chance. "Send them over for dinner, I want to meet them," I explain, as Val and Naia look at me with wide eyes.
"Are you sure?" Anya asks, clearly shocked herself. I look over at the two girls, then back to Anya. "Anya when have I never been sure?" I raise a brow, seeing if she can ever recall a time where I was second guessing things. She nods her head slightly, "I'll let them know right now," She steps away, pulling out her phone. 

"So, are they going to set a good impression?" I look at Anya, but direct my words to the 2 other girls. "They'll be good Davina," Naia assures, while I see Val nod from my peripheral vision. "They better be, won't want them to end up like Lucas, do we?" They widen their eyes in shock.

Manaia wasn't always in our little group.
A little over a year ago, it was Ruby instead. She was a tall, slim girl with brown hair. We thought bringing her into our little group would be a great idea,
But we were wrong.

She had been sleeping with Manaia's 'boyfriend' of 2 years. I still remember walking in and seeing her riding him.
I also remember pulling out my gun and shooting them both square in the head.

I've been cheated on before, and somehow, it burned me to see Naia's position. 
Their naked bodies lay on the bed, I'm sure she was still inside of him. I called some of my men and they carried them out, God knows where they took them.

--------------

"20 minutes until dinners ready," I speak up, "how long until Malakai and Kairo get here?" quickly refilling the mag on my pistol.
"You won't need that Davina," Naia reassures me, but I send her a sly wink. "Never know now, do we?" I shoved the mag back in, sliding the gun into my thigh strap. 
"They should be here any second now," Anya explains, wearing a grin. 

We are whores for violence.

Suddenly, there was a knock at our dining room door, "Come in," I announce, and the door slowly opens. 
2 men walk in slowly, their 6'2 figures easily towering over us. One mid brown--which I'm guessing is Malakai, and one golden brown--Kairo.

"Boss," Malakai speaks up, his deep voice filling the silence. Side by side, they walk up to the table together.
"Please, sit," I smile. I'm only doing this for my girls, because as I said, I'll do anything for them. 

Malakai sits beside Val, and Kairo sits beside Naia. 
I'm not going to lie, they all look good together. It would be a shame if they ruined it.

"Tell me about yourselves," I readjust in my seat, a small smile still plastered on my face.
"Well," Kairo begins, "I'm 23, Greek, my mum's a deadbeat, and I've been here for 3 years," He explains, and a few chuckles go off around the table.

Kairo is good looking, and I can say that without anything happening between us. He has piercing green eyes, a sharp jawline, and deep brown hair.

"I'm also 23, Maori and Tongan, my parents think I'm in college, and I've been here for just over two years," Malakai explains, and the laughter continues. 
Okay, I'm liking them so far.

Malakai has light brown eyes, a chiseled jaw, and dark, curly hair. He's also good looking, that's all I have to say.

Before we knew it, plates of steak, mashed potatoes, and vegetables were served at our table, one by one. 
I hear a bunch kind words coming from the table, aimed at our waitresses. Once my plate was placed in front of me, I looked at the waiter and nodded my head, sending her a tight smile.

I barely ever smile to be honest. I only smile around these people right here, Azhar and Kurai, and my dogs. That's about it. Other than that, I am emotionless unless I start liking them. Just like I am with Malakai and Kairo.

We all dug in silently, enjoying the food.
I cut my steak into a little strip, putting it up to my mouth. I'll never get over how good this food is.

"Mmm" I heard Malakai moan, as he continues cutting up his steak. We all shot up to him with confused expressions, but he doesn't realise. He continues eating, rolling his eyes with every munch.
The girls, Kairo, and I all looked at each other, before bursting into a laughing fit. 

This is Malakai's world, and we're just living in it apparently.

He looks up at us, confused. "What happened," He questions after finishing his mouth-full. Val took a napkin and swiped it over his mouth, catching the tiny dot of gravy above his top lip.
"Kai, eat quietly would you?" She jokes, and a few more chuckles go off.

He widens his eyes, "My bad boss," He looks to me, dropping his cutlery gently on his plate. I smiled, "Don't worry about it, I'm starting to think I won't have to kill you after all," I wink, and he gives a nervous chuckle. 

I glance over to Anya who's grinning at me.
Whores for violence, I told you.

"Wait, you call Malakai, Kai?" Naia asks, confused. Val's face is stuffed with mashed potatoes, so she sends a nod instead. "I call Kairo, Kai," Naia continues. Well aren't we in a predicament as of right now.

"Easy," Anya begins, taking a sip of her water, "Malakai is Kai, and Kairo is Ro," She suggests, shrugging her shoulders.
"Not a bad idea," I say, firmly stabbing a broccoli.

---------------

Dinner went by smoothly. Turns out, I do in fact like Malakai and Kairo, I think they're perfect for Val and Naia. It also means I won't have to kill them, yet.
I let the men stay the night with their women, who am I to keep them apart?

Love is love, and love is also fucking disgusting, but who am I to judge?

"I have to call Matteo up for another meeting in a few days," I explain to Anya, laying across my bed. She spins around on my chair, "Just let me kill him," She deadpans, swiping her finger across her blade.
"Trust me, I would if I didn't need him," I say, "And I also don't want to start an unnecessary war," She looks at me and nods her head slightly.
"Well, how about this," She lifts off of the chair, "We kill him, then anyone else who wants to try us," She smiles a little too innocently. I chuckle lightly, nodding my head.
"Sure Anya, sure," I taunt. 

As much as I want him gone, he's too crucial in my life right now.

---------------

Chapter 12 !!
I love you all <3