gray

𝖉𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

Ever since we've seen sightings of Russians yesterday, I've been staying up all night preparing. Making sure my alliances will be attending this meeting soon, sending people over to double-check our weapons in numbers, etc.
Any moment I have to uphold my title, I will do so immediately.

"10 minutes," I announce to the girls, analysing Anya stance and trying to catch her next move. She squints her eyes in determination, and a grin rises to my face. She sends an unexpected blow to my gut, but I don't stumble back. I've taught myself not to let blows impact me, and here we are.
Thinking I'm vulnerable, she swings her arm around for a right hook, but I quickly lift my hand up to catch her wrist.

Hooking one leg behind one of hers, pulling inwards and making her fall to one knee. I wrap around her and hook my arm around her neck, restricting her breathing. 
I realise how her long, steady breaths turn into short, repeated breaths, but she doesn't tap out yet.

Bringing her arm forward, she swings it back and elbows my crotch, making me hiss in pain. But yet I keep my firm hold on her. 
She sends repeated elbows to my crotch, so I shove her forwards, almost making her lean completely over.

She has no reach to my crotch anymore, so all she can do is tap out. Her breathing stays short and shallow, as I wait patiently for her to end this. She knows when to do it, so I don't have to feel like I might actually kill her.

Eventually, she taps out and I let go immediately. Leaning completely over, she gasps for air, her face red hot. Silver loose strands of hair sticking to her forehead, as I take in her recovery time.

Looking over to the other girls, Naia is throwing daggers at multiple targets, hitting the bullseye every single time. Whilst Val is brutally attacking a punching bag.

"Wrap it up girls," I say loud enough for them to hear. They don't turn to me, but I can see a slight nod of their heads as they continue to push out their reps. 

"I need a new partner," Anya huffs out, steadying herself slowly, "of course you're going to be the best of the best."
"And that's how you learn," I told her, "you won't improve in fighting someone below you," I grabbed her shoulder, letting her know she didn't do bad at all.

My girls are some of the best fighters I've ever seen. Hell, they're better than most boys I have. Being slimmer is an advantage and they don't know it. They don't know that they're more steady on their feet and quicker in moving. It's not all about strength, although they damn well have that too. 

Anya and I walk over to the locker rooms, as Val and Naia join us. Grabbing my face towel, I wipe all the sweat off of my forehead, seeing the other girls do the same. 
"You did good," I reassure Anya who's beside me, seeing how she's looking frustrated with herself. "Yeah," She replies sternly.

Anya is one to be disappointed in herself. She takes a lot on her shoulders, unbeknownst that she's not doing wrong at all. 

"Same routine," I speak up, watching the girls lock eyes with me as they pick up their duffle bags. "Get ready in half an hour, meet me outside my room, and we'll walk to the meeting room together," I explain, watching them nod their heads at me.

"Anyone else want to brutally kill Matteo and his men today?" Naia questions, as Val chuckles. I nod my head slightly, a little smile forming on my face.