awoken

Loud ringing fills my eardrums as I attempt to open my eyes

Loud ringing fills my eardrums as I attempt to open my eyes. The light is far too bright for my sensitive eyes, causing me to squint heavily. But when I've adjusted to it, I realise what happened. Someone spiked my wine.

I immediately sit up, soon regretting it. My throat is dry, my vision is blurry, and my head is spinning. I can hear faint footsteps, pacing faster and faster. As I'm still trying to recover from the aftermath, I notice a body sprinting right in. 

"Davina? Fuck, what are you doing," I recognise that voice, I think it's Matteo. He rushes over to me, one hand on my back and the other on my arm, gently pushing me back into bed. "Keep your hands off of me, let me go to my people," My voice is hoarse, but direct.

By now, I can see everything clearly. Matteo. The hospital room that surrounds us. "Someone get her a cup of water, for fuck sake!" He shouts out, and I can hear multiple nurses running around the building. He looks at me sternly. "I'm not in the mood to play games with you, lay back and relax while you recover," He orders me in an assertive tone.

Lucky I listen to fucking no one. 

"I don't know who you think you are, lower your tone when talking to me," I don't look at him as I attempt to sit up once more. A nurse speeds in with a cup of water, her eyes locked on mine. "Boss," She says, handing me the cup. I say a quick thank you before chugging down the whole cup. 

Only then do I realise that Matteo's been staring at me this whole time. And only then do I properly take in his appearance. His eye-bags are slightly darker than usual, his black hair ruffled. A dress top, rolled up to his elbows, as he leaves the top two buttons undone. Is it me, or have his muscles grown?

Knock it off, Davina.

"If you are done eye-fucking me, may I speak?" There's a faint smirk plastered on his face, as he folds his arms over each other. "Don't be flattered, Matteo. I was making sure you were who I thought," I lie, and Matteo knows that I've lied. He raises a brow. Are you sure? It says to me, but I only roll my eyes.

"I know who spiked your wine, they're sitting comfortably in your basement," He announces, and I almost feel giddy about it. "Great, let's go see who it is," I attempt to get out of bed, but a hand on my chest pushes me back. "Don't make me pin you down until you're better. We'll pay a visit in a couple of days," He says sternly. I shake my head at him, almost chuckling. "Please, Davina," He adds. Almost as if he knows I don't bow down to no one.

"I'm fine, really," I continue to get up, but his hand only comes down on me harder. "What are you doing?" I say, looking at his hand directly in between my breasts. He looks down at them, his eyes lingering on my chest, before looking back at me. "You won't get up this way," Is all he says, his eyes growing dark.

Eventually, I gave in. Two stubborn motherfuckers don't go well together, let me tell you that. He asked me if I wanted to know who our little mole is, I told him to let it be a surprise to me. I'm not stupid, I know it's someone that was either close to me, or close to Matteo. I know I've lost another friend, whether it be a distant one, or a rather close one. However, I don't really call it a 'loss', it's more of a gain to me.

One less two faced fucker walking around my property, let's see how many more we have to get through. 

We also talked about my place, how everyone's holding up. What's been done in the past few days. How he's handled everything so well without me. I couldn't help but smile, knowing my place was in safe hands.

"Would you like me to call the group over? I'm sure they've missed you," He speaks up from the chair beside my bed. "I would love that, but then I would be able to tell who our mole is," I explain to him. As soon as I see someone missing, I'll know for sure that they're the mole. 

He smacks his lips together, "Of course," before looking back down at his phone, blocking out the world. 

He put on criminal minds on the TV in my room, only my favourite TV show. It never fails to make me think. Some cops are so damn brainless, I figure out the storyline way before they do, and it makes me happy.

"I know who it is," I say aloud, cracking the case. Matteo's head lifts up, "What?" he raises a brow, looking like a lost puppy. I roll my eyes, "The murderer, I know who it is," I point to the TV, my tone in a duh way.

His hands grip the arm rest, knuckles turning white. "Don't roll your eyes at me," He orders, and it takes all of me not to do it again. Instead, I smirk. "And why is that, Matteo?" I taunt, locking eyes with him. His jaw clenches, "Just don't fucking do it."

He looks to be struggling, and something about that made my insides flutter. "Am I turning you on, Matteo?" I whisper, so that only he could hear me. His breaths turned ragged, as a little smirk appears on his face. "What are you going to do about it?" He says lowly, challenging me with a raised brow.

I'm almost tempted by this challenge, to give or to not give into these desires. Whether I want to grow up and admit them or not. There is some sort of pull between the two of us. And something tells me I don't want to dive in. 

"You wish I would do something about it," I move my attention from him, focusing it on the TV again. but from the corner of my eyes, I see him stand up, soon towering over me. He trails his finger down my arm. I hold my breath, and I'm not sure why. "So you either do something about it... or you shut the hell up," He grins, before leaving the hospital room for the first time since he got here. 

And I can't help but feel empty.

----------------