down

𝖉𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

It's been a week since the Russians attack. It was successful on our behalf, wish they could say the same.

We lost some along the way, and had a burial for them 4 days later. It wasn't as much as I thought, but losing one always hurts. Whether people admit that or not, I fucking will.

Thankfully, we've lost none of our close members. Some injured, like Carlos and Val, but that was the worst it ever got to with us.

We found out the new Russian boss' name. Matthew Egorkov. Couldn't escape the Russian heritage with that last name.

As promised to Matteo, I shot Matthew between the eyes. The look he had in his eyes, it was almost pride. I can't quite confirm that though.

Carlos and Nico left the mansion. It's only Matteo and his men now.

---------------

"Val, how are you," I acknowledge, seeing her walk around in a sports bra. A bullet just grazed the side of her waist, but she needed surgery to close up the damage that was made.

"I'm fine, and you?" She asks, sounding quite happy. "I'm good." I smile tightly at her.

"Matteo, look at him!" Elias whines, pointing to Christian. He's striding over to Elias, murder written all over his face.

Sometimes I wonder how the hell they became Mafia members. It's a mystery that will remain forever.

"Cut the shit," Matteo deadpans, "I'm growing a fucking headache."

Christian and Elias immediately grow quiet, seeing Chris stop in his tracks, but still glare Elias down. I watch as Elias flips him off, his tongue stuck out and taunting Chris.

Elias is a literal 3 year old. No one can convince me otherwise. The guy is living off half a brain cell.

"Elias," I speak up. He immediately hides his middle finger, turning around to me. "Davina," He acknowledges.

"Walk with me," I say-- well, almost demand. He shrugs his shoulders, stalking over to me. His stride long and heavy.

Once he tooks his place beside me, I began walking. We walked down the hallway, and into the kitchen.

"How do you feel about baking with me?" I raise a brow at him, walking over to the stack of aprons.
"Fuck yeah!" Is all he says as he nearly knocks me over, grabbing his own apron. I tumble forward, but hands hug around my waist.

"Sorry, I need to stop being so jumpy," Elias pulls me up, grabbing an apron and sliding it over my head.

Yep. Definitely my new best friend.

"It's fine," I smile at him, "Grab me the flour would you?"

-------------

"Who wants to try our amazing Lemon cheesecake!" Elias shouts, his voice echoing across all rooms. I can't help but laugh at his enthusiasm.

He's holding the tray with one hand, waving his other hand around. "Step right up, step right up!"

One by one, our close friends come into the dinning room, where Elias led me to.

"What the fuck is going on," Anya blurts. She has every right to. It's not every day that I go around baking with people. In fact, it's never.

"Elias and I baked a cheesecake," I shrug, like it's something I do everyday. Cut that act Davina.

"And what's on your face," Naia raises a brow, and so do I, before I realise. "Elias chucked a pinch of flour at me, so we fought," I shrug.

Elias and I were drenched in flour. I also cracked an egg on his back, that was until he turned around threw a used lemon at my stomach.
We were painted with different colours, but it was the most fun I've had in months. Hell, maybe even years. We might look dirty and all, but we were just two friends having fun.

Friends. I hope.

"Looks delicious," Azhar speaks up, and Yasmine nods along. "Truly."

"Someone cut me a slice already," Matteo whines, but shadows it with his deep, demanding tone.

"Alright, big man," I joke, walking over to Elias with a plate. I cut off a slice, turn around, and hand the plate to him. I think his form of 'thank you' is to wink, cause that's what he just did.

Eventually, we dished out slices to everyone. Some had 2 slices (Elias), and some had 4 (Matteo).

"Boss, not to be rude," Elias begins, pointing at Matteo's cheescake. "But you're kind of eating a lot there."
Kurai snorted, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"A big mans gotta eat," Matteo jokes, winking over at me before shoving another fork-ful into his mouth.

"Davina," Elias says, "We are the best fucking chefs this world has ever seen."
He raises his hand and I immediately go up and high-five him, a smile creeping onto my face.

"You fucking bet," I replied.

Through the rest of the night, we talked about our lives. And for once, we all said something about our past. It felt nice.

"Have we heard anything about the Russians?" Matteo asks, ruining the interesting conversation we once had.

"No signs of new recruits," Kurai looks over at me, and I nod. "Nothing yet," I confirm.

Way to ruin a good conversation, Matteo.

"Anyone here been in a car crash?" Elias perks his head around, waiting for someone to agree. "I have," Yasmine speaks up.

"Really?" I blurt. This is complete news to me, and by the looks of it, Azhar too.

"Why haven't you told me this?" Azhar asks her, and she only shrugs. "You've never asked."

She ends up telling us the story. Luckily it wasn't anything too serious, or life threatening. Elias moved on and told us his car crash story too. He had been high and driving, crashed straight into a tree trunk.

Sounds just like him, right? I thought so too.

From car crashes, we move onto house pets we would have. Don't ask why, just ask Elias. He comes up with the most random conversations I've ever heard of.

"I would have a Lion," Elias says, "That way it can bite any bitches head off. A quick and easy kill."

We all break into laughter, and it makes me realise.
Have I started to like Matteo and his men?

---------------

Y'all i know, i know😭 blame the writers block.

I love you all, thanks for sticking around fr❤️

- J